Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

12/22/06

Christmas Do Over

Ever have one of those moments...

When someone walks up to you and hands you a gift and you didn't get them anything?

Yep. Just happened.

This is my 4th year at my office. We don't really do a big exchange or anything but the first year I worked here the other admin and I said we'd both buy our boss something.

So I did in 2003, 2004 and 2005. In 2003 & 2004 he always gave all 3 of the admins something.

Last year I gave him something with about a week to go before the holiday. Christmas came and went with no gift from my boss. No biggie.

As I was putting together my list of "to buy for", I thought long and hard about getting something for my boss...since he didn't reciprocate last year and I didn't want to keep getting him something if he wasn't...it just felt so weird. I ended up deciding against getting him anything, which was great since Casey's sister-in-law is going to be born next Spring and I bought her a lovely ensemble...and of course I had to send packages to THAT CHICK OVER THERE's twins...cuz well they're just cool like that. I want to be a rockstar like them when I grow up.

WELLLL boss just came over....handed me a car and wished me Merry Merry. He then STOOD here while I opened it and when I didn't have anything to give him...I felt like I was standing naked in Times Square next to Dick Clark with 1 minute til Midnight.

I want a "Last Work Day til Christmas Do Over".

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

*shudders* oh hell almighty! I just had one of those moments yesterday. Thankfully JOSH had to deal with the awkwardness as he brought the gift home from work from his friend (you know, Xander's dad).

I just have to deal with the uncomfortable OH HELL DO I RECIPROCATE EVEN THOUGH JOSH SAID WE HAD NOTHING moment. *sigh*

Think of this as payoff for your workplace sucking monkey dildos. He owes ya one for last year. Now you're even.

December 22, 2006 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Just stopping in to say Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!

xoxo

December 25, 2006 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home