Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

3/14/07

Spring Fever

Summer fever, moving fever. Whatever.


Looking ahead on the calendar, it's a fair assessment to say that about 4 months from now we will be moving.


Sometime in mid to late July. The only thing holding up the actual date is whether Kyle makes this baseball team and even once we know that, I have to wait for the baseball schedules to come out.


July 14th is a possibility.

July 27th is a better possibility.


See I'm assuming I'll still be at my job then. July 27th is my Flex Friday off, which means if I wanted to take Thurs & Mon, I'd have a nice long weekend to move and only use 2 days of vacation. If I'm not at my job..this will be a lot easier to plan when the time comes.


In preparation for this move, I've begun the typical purging of clothes none of us has worn in years, digging through the storage unit for things that seem to accumulate there and most recently closets and kitchen cabinets.


Do you think this would motivate me to keep going? Not really.

One would think the sense of accomplishment would be enough. Not for me. **Curse this instant gratification society we live in.**


For me, it's the thought of being able to UNPACK boxes in our NEW home.

For now, we're just renting the house from my Mom. In time, I'm certain we will be buying it from her. To us, this is our first HOUSE. It's not big, it's not new, it's not glamorous but to us it might as well be a castle. It's about 1400 sq feet. It has a huge yard and a pool. The only downfall is the SINGLE bathroom. We're going to have to do something about that eventually.



For me, it's the ideas that come to my head about decorating. When you've lived in off white or white ONLY apartments for over 10 years, the thought of COLOR excites you. Right now we're not planning on making many changes to the house as it is. We love the color of the living room. The bathroom and kitchen are good base colors; I need only find accents and accessories. We love the master bedroom. The 2nd bedroom that will be Casey's we were unsure of but have since found the perfect material to make her a comforter and give her room some life. The only room essentially that needs painting will be the 3rd bedroom in the basement for Kyle. He has decided on black, gray and red.


Now I have some rearranging and painting to do in Casey's room. The inside of her closet needs to be painted and different shelves hung. Her dresser drawers also need to be painted to brighten up the room and I need to find her an area rug but I'm looking forward to THAT work.


Packing, not so much.


So here are a few pictures of Casey's room:
Here is the inside of the closet that needs to get painted. I also need to move some of those shelves because we're going to put her play kitchen inside the closet where that desk is now.


Pardon the state of "half lived in" my sister has moved 90% of her stuff out and into the dorms.




Here is the view from the door to the left corner.

The closet is there on the left side just past the aqua light switch. This is her dresser. We're going to be painting the black drawer fronts white.




Again, pardon the x-mas tree. My sister moved a bunch of stuff to the dorms during break.

Also, the black blinds will come down and be replaced with curtains most likely.

My sister is 21 and black, white and hot pink work for her but black does not work for my 2 yr old.




This is currently the view from the door.

Not really sure what I'm going to do with that wall yet.

Maybe the overdone wooden letters spelling out her name.


Now this is one of my big excitements.

The GREEN in the living room.
This view is from the kitchen entrance staring back at the front door.
That green wall is the front wall of the house.
To the right of where that tile ends is my entire living room on that side of the house.
The carpet in the living room needed to be replaced and my Mom offered rather than go wall to wall carpeting to put tile in the foyer (HIGH TRAFFIC) area. I wasn't sure what she was going to pick out and since it's still her house I didn't really get the final vote. However, she found something that works so well and has since put most of it down.


4 months and counting.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Emma in Canada said...

You sound so excited. With the way prices are going in my city I don't think we will ever own a home. I almost hate the thought of giving up my 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home that I pay a hideously low price for to buy a house that won't have those conveniences for $350,000.

I love the green!

March 14, 2007 at 9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great...love the green!! By the time you move, my own moving drama will be long gone. Want me to hop a plane and come help with the purging and packing and painting?? :)

March 14, 2007 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I also love the green! Moving sucks, but a new place will be great. Congrats to you guys!

March 14, 2007 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

The house looks so nice! I can't wait to see how Kyle and Casey's rooms turn out :D

March 14, 2007 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Moving is exciting. Making the space your own even more so. Good luck purging and packing!

March 16, 2007 at 1:16 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Ahhh, moving. I'm like you, love thinking about decorating and unpacking the stuff for the new place, but packing up the old place, blah. No so much.

You sound very excited! As you should be :)

March 16, 2007 at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home