Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

3/8/07

CONTEST ALERT- "Quirky things about me...."

Now today I just thought after all the crying we could use a little laughter. (BTW- Tues & Wed winners of my party favors were just random posters. See if I had 13 comments I put the numbers on a piece of paper and had Kyle pull one from an envelope. All prize winners will be announced on Monday) So today's blog will be like a sort of "Truth or Dare" game.

Let's all grab a drink from the bar, sit in circle, cross our legs and get started.


Today's winner will be awarded for the best "Quirky things about me" list. I know we all have quirky, OCD tendencies, silly things that other people would roll their eyes at if they saw or knew about it.

I'll start.
  • I have to pour milk in my coffee after my coffee is in the cup. HAVE to do it this way, of course I married a guy that feels just as strong about pouring the milk in BEFORE the coffee. Go figure.
  • I'm addicted to Snapped on the Oxygen channel. Not cuz I think about killing my husband or anything but because I like to see these ladies just plain done lose their minds.
  • If I am home, I cannot miss the FINAL puzzle on Wheel of Fortune. Call it some crazy idea about having to know if I could win the big money.
  • I only eat Eclipse gum. I have no idea why, I've just never even attempted to try anything new and improved.
  • I have the same sweater that I wear to work in 5 colors. If I could I would wear black pants with one of these sweaters everyday. People at work would either think I bought the outfits that way and have no originality or they are going to think I'm color blind and therefore EVERYTHING goes with black pants.
  • I'm just 2 pairs of boxer shorts and a baseball hat away from being a cross dresser. 90% of the clothes I wear to the gym or to run errands on the weekends are handmedowns from my husband. I do not own any cute women "track suits". Not one. Plus my gym shoes, they're mens...I might need to seek counseling on this issue.
  • I kiss my kids the same amount each and every night before they go to bed. Once for being my child, once because I love them, once for letting me be their Mom and once more because I can. If I don't kiss them each 4 times, I will go into their rooms and kiss them the amount needed before I go to bed myself.
  • I keep EVERY SINGLE grocery store, target, walmart type bag I receive. Sometimes I place them all into bigger Target or Walmart type of bags. I probably have 10,000 in my house right now. I use them for so much. I keep 2 in my work tote at all times. I wrap wet umbrellas in them, wet shoes, wet gloves or if I need to bring something home from work. I also wrap my tupperware in them for transporting my lunch to work, this way if the top blows off, I don't have food all over my bag. If I find that Jeff threw one or two away from a recent trip to the store, I obsess about it for HOURS.
  • I'm petrified of clowns. There is a movie coming out about Mary-something or other. Some horror flick but they show her dolls coming to life and one is a clown and I actually screamed out loud in the daylight when I saw it. (Kyle laughed hysterically at me)
  • My biggest fear involving death; I'm afraid I'm going to die choking on a bone of some sort, hence the reason for my obsession with boneless chicken breast, boneless pork chops..etc.

So there...YOUR TURN!

They can be funny, unique, silly or whatever.

The list that stands outs the most for whatever reason will be today's party favor winner.

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. For my regular readers, here's some Angie and the PFD Group tidbits


A) I've started my weight loss blog again. Check it out over there are the right. Going to start adding WW recipes that get the seal of approval for the menfolk at home.
B) Jeff got a "Recognizing You" award from work. $150 can be split up to a gazillion different places on gift cards.
C) Kelly saw her endocrinologist on Wed and sees her oncologist tonight so nothing new yet.
D) Today is Day 4 of the No BOTTLE watch for Miss Casey June. Finally...now if only I could break her of the pacifier. Truth be told with us going out of town, then her getting sick, Monday was the first go of the bottle and once that is worked well 2 weeks will I start with the pacifier.

16 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Well, you know I'm a total quirk. :)

I'm obsessed with fairness when it comes to my children. I grew up in a family of 4 kids and nothing was EVER fair. I'm fair with them to the point of, if Girl gets an item that costs $19.99 and Boy gets an item that costs $20.00, I give girl a penny.

Because it kills me when people are not fair.

Also, GO JEFF! Great job! :)

March 8, 2007 at 5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the list. I saw several that are SO me.....

Horray for Jeff...get it all on ONE gift card to Target :)

March 8, 2007 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I told my daughter last night I'm one step away from being a lumberjack! I was wearing jeans, big clunky boots, a white t-shirt and a blue flannel shirt over it. Today- same thing except green flannel. I am so not a girly girl.

Quirky thing about me- I'm hooked on the show "I Love New York"
Don't tell anybody.

March 8, 2007 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

I am not even going to attempt the pacifer. But my weird child? Puts it in her mouth on the side. Very weird. Ashley used to drink from sippy cups out of the side of her mouth, so I guess that's why.

Quirky thing about me? Where do I start??? I am going to have to take a picture of what I can do with my thumb and send it to you :).

March 8, 2007 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

COME ON PEOPLE!

I give up 10 Things about myself...and I get these answers!

I have great prizes....just ask Amy..she won my other contest.

Come on...be honest! :)

March 8, 2007 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Visiting from the Blog Party... feel free to stop by my place when you have a chance!

Quirky things about me? Hmmm...

Well, I have this thing about just having to sing when something reminds me of a song... kinda like Runt of the Litter in "Chicken Little." I would swear the character was based on me (if anyone associated with the movie knew me). So don't be surprised if I burst out singing if you happen to say anything that might be part of a song lyric.

I rarely use an alarm clock to get up in the morning. Regardless of when I go to bed (assuming it isn't 2 hours before I need up), I will almost always wake up on my own within 15 minutes of when I need to.

Those are really all I can think of...

March 8, 2007 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

First - Way to go Jeff! Hopefully he'll spend it on his wife!

Quirks? Oh man, where to start.
1) Toilet seat and lid - DOWN. I grew up with big dogs, and if you don't want them drinking out of the commode - then put the lid down! When I find left up by someone else, I close it.

2) I'm a stickler for rules. Gotta have 'em, gotta enforce 'em.
a) If you open it - close it.
b) If you make a mess - clean it up.
c) If you turned it on - turn it off.
d) If you got it out - put it away when you're finished.
e) If you dropped it - pick it up.
f) Clean your room.
g) Clean MY room.
h) Wash your hands.
i) Do NOT put empty containers back into the fridge or freezer!
j) If you use up the last of the TP - change the roll!
k) If you use my tools, put them back EXACTLY how you found them. That is, if you ever want to be allowed to use them again.

I could go on, but the long and short of it is this: be considerate fo others and treat other people and their things with respect. Because I believe it is the proper thing to do.

My kids understand this and do these things (most of the time). My step kids are still learning. They think I'm nuts.

Sorry this is so long, but you asked for more!

Blessings.

March 8, 2007 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

I can't spell either.
It should say "...be considerate OF others..."

Is that quirky?

March 8, 2007 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

(That movie preview is totally terrifying, I agree!)

I don't know if I can come up with ten, but here goes:

1. Only I am allowed to make the bed. I get all freaked out when Steve tries because it's *wrong*. And if the bed is unmade when I'm getting ready to go to sleep, I have to make it because I can't stand the thought of the covers being half hanging off or all bunched up. I've made the bed around Steven sometimes, too, so that the covers are okay enough for me to sleep.

2. I can't go to bed at night if I haven't had a spinach salad. If I fall asleep on the couch and wake up at 1:45, I have to have one or my body doesn't feel right.

3. I carry around floss, a toothbrush, and toothpaste in my purse everywhere. I am a compulsive tooth-brusher and flosser.

4. I can't let the dog see me naked.

5. But for some reason, it's okay with the cat.

That's all for now. I'm afraid to let people see how weird I can really be. :)

March 8, 2007 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

Oh! And...

6. I can't stand for cabinets or drawers to be left open, not even an inch. If someone isn't currently using them, they MUST be closed.

March 8, 2007 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Cloves said...

Yeah, but do you fold your plastic bags up into neat little triangles?

Quirky things about me..
1. Books have to stacked on a shelf according to height. Tall to short, left to right.

2.When I work out on the treadmill, I count my steps. 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4. etc etc.

3.All my music is alphabetized, but my movies are grouped by catagory.

4. I don't like asymmetry in home decore.

5. I group my M&M's by color and eat them one color at a time.

6.I won't eat cold french fries. I always eat them before I unwrap my sandwich.

There are probably more, I just can't think of any. But you have a good list.

March 8, 2007 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I can only think of one right now... I can not touch wood knives, pencils or popsivle sticks They make me grind my teeth. Thinking about it makes me grind my teeth. My kids chase me around the house with popsicle sticks.

March 8, 2007 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hmmm...
1. I CAN'T have dirty dishes left anywhere but the sink (my mom always told me that the mice will be attracted to them, thus bringing in the mice, then the snakes!) I am always afraid of stepping on a snake one night after I leave an empty bowl of cereal next to my bed. Which brings me to my next...
2. I always eat a bowl of cereal right before bed. I don't know why, but it helps me sleep. Better than the sleeping pills that I was hooked on in my younger years.
3. I had decided how many kids I was going to have AS WELL AS their names before I graduated high school. My first was Abby, my second will be Pippa, and my third (a boy) will be Owen Ashcraft after my grandfather.
4. I am a female. I am over the age of 12. I still make fart jokes.
5. I also saw the preview for that movie, but was freaked out more by the dolls than the clown.
6. I HATE the Chucky movies.
7. I first read IT when I was in junior high and refused to finish it because it gave me such horrible nightmares. My mom forced me to finish it because "otherwise my nightmares would never go away". They stopped immediately after I read the last page.
8. I snore. Loud enough that I wake myself up several times per night.
9. I have a CPAP machine to help me stop snoring, but it reminds me so much of that alien in the movie ALIEN (the one that gloms onto the man's face and won't let go) that I refuse to use it.
10. Therefore, I am always tired and cranky.
11. But I am a really nice person, promise!

March 8, 2007 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

I've heard that pacifier trick too...

My goal is for it to be gone by the time she's 2.

We didn't want her to have one at all..but such is the life of a preemie Mom.

As soon as she's 2 weeks bottle free...we're going to get started on cutting the tip off.

March 9, 2007 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I have way too many quirks to list, but I think I did a blog post a few months back with some.

Anyway, I think Heatherann deserves to win for the whole dog can't see her naked but the cat can. LMAO!! That is too funny.

Congrats on the bottle thing! That's great news. With the pacifier, I agree with CPA Mom. People I know have tried this and said that it worked.

March 9, 2007 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

1) I have one single black hair that grows out of the middle of each of big toes.
2) I hate the smell of coffee.
3) Everything on Christina's list - and that's quirky in and of itself.
4) I never forget to write people birthday cards but I never remember to mail them. Ever.
5) I'm so grossed out by used dishcloths that I often chuck them rather than wash them, and when I do wash them they can't go through with any other laundry lest they contaminate it.

I think I'll stop at five. =P

March 9, 2007 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home