Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

3/1/07

Tornado Thursday

Well let's see.

Got into the ped at 12:15, which usually means more like 1pm but surprisingly they got us in and out by 1:15pm.

It really was a disaster. I love my doctor but the communication in that office sucks. Apparently the doctor wanted Casey to get a 2nd round of RSV shots this year. She told the nurse that handles that to contact our insurance company and get it checked out to see if they would pay for them. She never did that. What does this mean? This means Casey should have been getting shots MONTHLY since October during this flu season in order to possibly prevent EXACTLY what she has now.

They put her on her nebulizer 3 times a day for 10 days to help her breathing. I also had to take her to the hospital to have her nose and throat swabbed for RSV and strep. Depending on how those come back she'll either have to be admitted to treat the RSV or she'll get put on 2 more meds to help get her better. *Mom votes for NO hospital please.

In the meantime I get a call from Kyle's teacher that he was a little argumentative yesterday. Really? My son? I don't believe it. Could it have anything to do with the fact that we're waiting to hear whether his aunt has CANCER or not? Maybe the fact that he has had interrupted sleep all week just like Mom and Dad so he's a little overtired. How about the fact that you sent home list of his grades and it's NO wonder he was confuse about this test? MOST of this test covers 5 worksheets HE NEVER SAW while we were on vacation. YOU were supposed to provide that to him. How is he supposed to test on material he hasn't even read yet? Good question. So I'll be dealing with her again today.

Then of course there is the work issue. It's 7:40. I've been here an hour. My boss has been here 40 minutes and he's usually already come out 3 times to talk me...today..not once. Now I did hear him on the phone about a meeting from Tues that doesn't sound like it went stellar but still. Missing another day of work when your boss is already a crab=not good. So we'll see if I'm treated like the red-headed stepchild all damn day.

Moving on...we still haven't heard from Kelly's doctor, which means more than likely we won't. Not til tomorrow at her appointment to have her stitches taken out. So another sleepless night for me.

Oh yes..and of course even though we know what's wrong with Casey doesn't mean POOF she's all better. She was up and down ALL night...I slept from 9:30 til midnight. Was up til 2:30 and then slept from 2:30 til 4:30. From there Jeff took over and I'm sure it wasn't good.

Maybe next week will be better.

7 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

You are really having a crappy time of it hon. I'm so sorry. :(

I'm sending you a package with tasty goodies in it though, so maybe that will help. I hope so!

I love you!

March 1, 2007 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

I am guessing she is prone to RSV? Audrey had is once this winter...Here some good wishes for you that you won't have to go to the hospital...And I will totally share my cheese.

March 1, 2007 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Honi said...

WOW.. that tough. and its hard to realize that this too will pass when you are in the thick of having a child that is ill.. try and take some time for yourself if you can... GOOD LUCK!!!

March 1, 2007 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yes..she had a slight case of RSV last year too.

With her preemie status...she had shots last year and SHOULD have gotten them this year..just another ball my doctor's office dropped.

March 1, 2007 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Isaac had a close call with RSV last winter, but no hospital so I was happy. It sounds like you are having a rough week for sure - here's hoping that March treats you and everyone else better!

Oh crap, today is March 1. Shoot.

March 1, 2007 at 8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry nothing is going well. I really hope Casey gets better with NO hospital involved. As for the moron of a teacher? Want me to come deal with her for you? I will. For you, hell yeah I would :)

March 1, 2007 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Man, I know it's been a tough week or two for you! I hope both of those tests come back negative and I hope that all of your sister's tests come back as benign!!

Sending you good thoughts!

March 1, 2007 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home