Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

2/20/07

70 or so things about me...


1.Are your parents married or divorced? Divorced. My Mom remarried in 1980 my Dad remarried in 1981. My Dad and my step-Mom are still married. My Mom? She got divorced again in 1994. Dated and lived with another man from 1995 til 2000. Then husband #3 came along in 2001 and passed away last February. She is currently with another man for the last oh…8 or 10 months. Yes you read right.

2. Are you a vegetarian? Nope

3.Do you believe in Heaven? I think I do. However if there is a hell, I’m certainly going directly there.

4 Have you ever come close to dying? Delivering Casey in June 2005. It was the scariest time in my life to think that not only was she close to not making it but that I was just as close.


5.What jewelery do you wear 24/7? I don’t wear anything 24/7. My hand swell at night so I don’t wear either my engagement or wedding band to bed. I also have an alexandrite ring on my right hand that was a first anniversary present. I have a white gold bracelet on my right hand that I do actually wear 24/7 and then I have princess cut sapphire earrings that were a gift after I had Casey.


6. Favorite time of day? In the evening, just after both the kids are asleep and I can sneak in and watch them both sleeping. Usually I either look over and smile at my husband knowing we did that..or I have time to myself to read or write.


7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? I eat the whole piece of broccoli usually.

8. Do you wear makeup? Not much. I literally had no one to teach me how to do it all. I don’t wear much for foundation, I hardly ever wear blush/rouge and I rarely wear mascara.

9. Have you ever had plastic surgery? No but I really need to for my scar on the side of my face.

10. If you did, what would you do? Well refer to #9 but if we’re talking about someone dumping a pile of money into my checking account. Boob lift/enhancement to even them out. Tummy tuck and lipo under the chin.

11. What do you wear to bed? tshirt and shorts or pj pants.

12. Have you ever done anything illegal? Shoplifted, drank, a little drugs but all I was underage. Never much as an adult.

13. Can you roll your tongue? Yes

14. Do you tweeze your eyebrows? I’m known by my shop as Chewbacca because I’m the hairiest person alive. I go religiously every other Wednesday. I usually never miss an appointment.

15. What kind of sneakers? I wear Saucony. My Dad turned me onto them and he has diabetes so his feet are very sensitive.

16. Do you believe in abortions? I believe in the right to choose. It is not a choice I would have made when I was younger but yes speaking from experience I have considered it. I’ve considered it when both my very hard working collegiate sisters thought they might be pregnant. I don’t want to think about how I might react if it were Casey as a teenager but I think every woman has a right to decide for herself.

17. What is your hair color? I’m shades of brown. Medium to dark with a WHOLE lotta gray popping through.

18. Future child's name? I have Kyle and I have Casey. There will be no more children in my life. However, I still like the name Julia for a girl and Alex for a boy.

19. Do you snore? Yes but not as bad as much husband.

20. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? My #1 would be Ireland but recently Italy is ranking up there. I want to go to a country where it’s ok to take a nap in the middle of the day.

21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Besides my husband? Uh, no22. If you won the lottery what would you do first? Take a short vacation back to Aruba with my husband while we decided what kind of house to build. Hire our builder and then go back on vacation to get away from the madness of the construction.

23. Gold or silver? I’m a silver person but usually I end up getting everything made in white gold.

24. Hamburger or hotdog? Probably hamburger with mustard.

25. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? The only thing I can imagine never tiring of would be tomatoes but that’s not very well rounded nutritionally speaking is it?

26. City, beach, or country? In order, beach, city, country

27. What was the last thing you touched. Besides the keyboard, my pen

28. Where did you eat last? At my desk for breakfast.

29. When was the last time you cried? About an hour ago.

30. Do you read blogs? What’s a blog again? LOL

31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? I did once for Halloween.

32. Have you ever been involved with the police? Besides the simple traffic accident and being stalked…none.

33. What's your favorite shampoo, conditioner and soap? I use Pantene for Women of Color exclusively for my hair. Soap..whatever is cheap.

34. Do you talk in your sleep? I don’t think so.

35. Ocean or pool? To swim, pools. Oceans are pretty to look at but too salty for me.

36. Sauna or whirlpool. Whirlpool

37. Starbucks or Krispy Kreme? For coffee? Krispy Kreme. Starbucks gives me heartburn.

38. Window seat or aisle? Aisle usually

39. Ever met anyone famous? Oprah when I was on her show. I’ve known a few athletes in my day. Nobody really important.

40. Do you feel you've had a truly successful life? Not for myself. I’ve managed to lead my life for just about everyone BUT me.

41. Do you twirl or cut your spaghetti? Cut

42. Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey? Oprah. Gotta stay faithful to the Oprah. Is Ricki even on the air anymore?

43. Basketball or football? To watch….American Football.

44. How long do your showers last? I’m in and out in less than 10 minutes.

45. Automatic or stick? Automatic need a hand free just in case for radio, holding a soda, etc.…although I know how to drive both.

46. Cake or ice cream? Usually ice cream..but I love me some chocolate cake. 4

7. Are you self conscious? My weight, my teeth, my hands…just a little ya think?

48. Have you ever drank so much you threw up? Atleast a few times…

49. Have you ever given money to a beggar? I’ve never given money but I have given food.

50. Have you ever been in love? Twice…plus my kids.

51. Where do you wish you were? Sleeping.

52. Are you wearing socks? Black nylon trouser socks
53. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? No.

54. Can you tango? No, but I wish my husband had rhythm so we could learn.

55. What was the last gift you received? I got roses on Valentine’s day from my dear husband.

56. What was the last sport you played? I played…softball at a parents vs. kids game a few years back. Otherwise I never played an organized sport.

57. What things do you spend a lot of money on? Stuff for the kids mostly. Meals. When Jeff and I get time alone I’ll think nothing of dropping $125 on dinner for the 2 of us. Mostly cuz we have appetizers, main courses, desserts and coffee to extend our meal and make the most of our time together.

58. Where do you live? About 40 miles southeast of Chicago.

59. Where were you born? Tucson, Arizona

60. Last wedding attended. Labor Day, my oldest nephew got married at the ripe old age of 23.

61. There was no 61 but I hear it's about SEX... and yes I do.

62. Favorite position? Hmm…do you really want to open up the sex talk with me? I’m a semi-reformed slut. Honestly.

63. What is your most hated food? Onions. They hate me.

64. What is your most hated pop? Mountain Dew is tied with Dr. Pepper.

65. Can you sing? I used to think so when I was younger but in reality not one note.

66. Who was the last person you instant messaged? It’s been a while. Probably That Chick – a few months ago.

67. Where was the last place you went on holiday? I just got back from Florida.

68. Favorite regular drink? Honestly, water. I love me my water, I just have to get ambitious enough to drink the required amount.

69. Favorite current song? Stupid Boy by Keith Urban

70. I will not tag anyone since I stole this from Emma.

So since I just gave you 70 things do I really need to run "Ask Angie Wednesday tomorrow?"

I will in case anyone has questions about what I put up here..how's that :)?

5 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

61 was about spitting or swallowing.

Or so I hear.

February 20, 2007 at 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard the same about 61.

Anyway...your teeth? Granted, I've only seen pics that you've posted on here. Still...I'd have to say you are a beautiful woman. I have teeth issues, too..

Thanks for sharing...I love these things. It's fun for me to learn about those I stalk. Um..I mean read. And, alright..I'm nosey :)

February 20, 2007 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Never That Easy said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! I came over to answer your question, and I lucked out on your posts... now I know so much about you already! (You were on Oprah? Must check archives.) There's nothing better than a meme, though, for quick intros. I'm with you on the ice cream, btw.

Anyways, you were wondering about 'My Best Shot Mondays,' and they're headed by Tracey, over at ClubMom, on her Picture This blog... http://picturethis.clubmom.com/

It's really great fun, and also gives me something to shoot for ("Must take an excellent picture this week, or what will I blog on Monday??")

February 20, 2007 at 4:50 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Yeah, 61 was an either/or and in my sick head I wondered why it wasn't #69.

February 20, 2007 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I wondered the same thing as Bethany. Must check her blog now!

Yes to what in 61? The second one I assume.

When I win the lottery (which will be right after I start playing it) you are so welcome to come to Ireland with me!

February 20, 2007 at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home