Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

2/9/07

NOOOOO I WANT the change

Ok now that I dumped my piggybank for my Disney trip, I've begun to save again. Only now that my husband has a job that actually pays him we can dump what I call "out of sight out of mind" money in there.

We used to drop $20 a week in there and then every 6 or 8 weeks take that to the bank and put it into a separate savings account. We have a joint savings that I can transfer money online from there to our checking and vice versa. This separate checking account isn't available online and I have no ATM card attached to it. I literally have to go to the bank to deposit or withdraw anything.

I set it up that way because if I have to think about driving to the bank to take it out, usually I think about what I need it for and whether we can survive without it.

We haven't deposited to that account in a long time and it was practically empty. What little we did have in there...well we withdrew most of that for Disney minus the minimum balance to keep the account open.

Now we're starting fresh with the attempt for us each to drop $10-$15 a week in there, plus ANY and ALL change.

So of course I run out at lunch today and while grabbing a sandwich it's $4.01. I hand the girl a $5 bill super excited that I'm about to get 99 cents to add to the piggy. Then she handed me one single dollar bill back.

"Oh no, it's ok. I want the 99 cents back."

"No, here." *shoving the bill at me*

"Really, I don't mind, I save change."

"Well you're just going to screw up my register now."

"Why? Technically you owe me 99 cents. If you give me a dollar you'll be short."

So you know what she does then...she grabs a penny from one of those "leave a penny" cups in front of the register and then hands me my dollar.

Wanna know what I did? I took the dollar and put it in my purse.

I then grabbed 2 Andes Mint by the register...for (you guessed it) a dime and THEN I handed her another $5 dollar bill.

She huffs and glares at me and starts counting aloud but to herself and I can tell she mixes up dimes and nickels.

She says "$4.90 IS YOUR CHANGE".

So she's supposed to give me $4.90 right?

I stood in the front of the store and counted. She gave me....


$4 in bills

and

$1.10 in change

So now not only do I have 2 Andes mints but I have $5.10 to throw in my piggy because if you think I walked back and told her she counted incorrectly.

SORRY wrong answer.

Am evil or what?

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not evil. It's justified given her snotty attitude. Excellent on the savings. I cleaned out the change from my car last week and from the bottoms of all my purses and was happy to deposit $26 something in my savings. Who would think chucking change in the center console and tossing a few pennies here and there in a purse would add up :)

February 9, 2007 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger M said...

This made me laugh something fierce. Good cod what a meladramatic little situation there! Hooray for your extra change and mints. lol. :)

February 9, 2007 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

You got your mints for free. That's how I like to look at it.

February 10, 2007 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

LMAO, that's what she gets for being so difficult!

February 12, 2007 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

The good thing about living in Canada is the 1 and 2 dollar coins. When you add up change it really adds up. You think you have nothing in your wallet, but there's really $30 kicking around in there. Sorta nice.

February 12, 2007 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

And she was afraid that YOU would screw up her drawer??

I could almost hear Bill Engvall "Heeeeerrrre's your sign!"

February 13, 2007 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger and rudeness said...

So she paid you to deal with her. I like it.

Apparently, it WASNT enough though.

February 13, 2007 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Ahahaha! That was great....

February 13, 2007 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger grantbortnem said...

Not evil, but not justified. My first question is, why didn't you just stick the dollar in your jar? She started out by giving you an extra penny. That way when you get to the bank it's easier to count, too. Question #2 -- if you really wanted change, why TWO Andes' mints? Question #3 -- how did you end up with $5.10 for your change jar? I thought you said that there was only $1.10 in change.

I just reread this post before publishing, and I promise it didn't sound so rude in my head. Please reread in jovial, humorous tone of voice.

July 10, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home