Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

2/6/07

Random Other things....

I'm not sure how this "stew" of things is going to spill from my head..so here it goes:

  • Jeff and I were together 5 years on January 26th. See a few posts down that I'm just too lazy to link everyone to. We spent the day driving to Green Bay, WI to drop off our daughter. Only to find out once we arrived BACK in Chicago at 5pm that Jeff had managed to give our overnight bag to his parents. This shouldn't seem like such a big deal right? Except that in total there was about $40 worth of toiletries for the trip AND our camera. Now we don't have a back up and I certainly didn't have $200 to go shell out for another crap digital...
  • Which leads me to the next fact....we have no "us" pictures from our trip because I got tired of asking my sister to take pictures of other things for me.
  • This was also the worst "anniversary" of my life because once I remembered that the camera was in "the bag that ended up in your folks van" I had a meltdown. The sobbing triggered a "HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SAY I'M SORRY?" conversation from my husband, which lead to a very heated argument, which lead to a "this is your fault" from my mouth and a "fuck you" from his...it was NOT one of our finer moments.
  • However, the lost camera realization came just a 1/2 hour after I was told that during a 2002 surgery my sister had on her neck the doctor probably damaged one of her vocal chords because she only has one that it is working. She was also told it is more than likely she has thyroid cancer and is now scheduled for surgery on 2/22. So far they can tell that it doesn't look as if it's spread so if all goes well with the surgery she should be fine. They just want to take it out and be sure it hasn't spread to her OTHER ONLY working vocal chord.
  • Have I mentioned being the oldest and worrying about the others is a full time job that drains me....I feel like I worry about them like I worry about my kids..because while ON the trip my other sister calls to tell us that during her collegiate cheerleading practice...they dropped a girl on her FOUR TIMES and she may have a broken nose and a concussion. Jeez Louise, can someone cut me a tiny break?
  • Luckily we managed to get positive about the trip and move on.
  • In non-trip related news, my oldest friend called me last night to tell me that at 34 weeks pregnant she's having contractions about 8 minutes apart and they aren't stopping so her doctor feels as though she'll deliver in the next couple of days. This sparked a horrible night sleep because all I did was think of Casey and her troubled birth. I believe this scar will follow me to the ends of my days.
  • Jeff turned 34 while we were on our trip. Feb 2, Groundhog Day is my husband's birthday and although our trip had it's ups and downs we attempted to celebrate at dinner. Just the adults. This went over well until a 2nd heated argument between my husband and I broke out back at our hotel room...again not one of our finer moments.
  • We spent the ride BACK to Green Bay, WI on Sunday to pick up Casey discussing our apparent lack of communication...thankfully that talk went over very well..and we've both got some work to do.
  • My son is NOW taller than my 5'10" frame. We noticed this while walking through Epcot at Disney. He's only a smidgen taller than me..but he's 14. He's bound to be 6 foot 2 or 3 by the time he's down growing.
  • Our apartment is a pit. I mean to the point where I'm considering calling a maid/cleaning service and asking "I have dusting, cleaning, floors, cabinets, bathroom scrubbing and laundry. How much to send someone over to help me while I'm home?" and getting a quote because it's just THAT scary right now.
  • We also arrived home to a fun tidbit. My sitter is considering getting a job. Well wait..she's meeting with HR at the hospital TODAY to see about hours and such. This means I may have about 10 days to figure out day care. Jeff wants me to quit working now and just take care of her and figure it out once we make the move in July. I crunched the numbers..and it's doable but not smart. We'd have enough to pay the bills and put practically nothing into savings over the next few months but we wouldn't be in the red. It's something to consider. I've been working for 16 years, I've been a working Mom for 14+ years..I'm not sure I'm capable of just "quitting" a job. Being "let go" and collecting unemployment, sure. Hell even being "fired" and collecting unemployment, maybe...once my self-esteem recovered from the direct hit..but just quitting to stay home and "do nothing", which would so NOT be nothing with Casey and the house and chauffeuring Kyle...but you know what I mean.

So that's me...right now.

I will bring you the Disney 411 shortly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

I know exactly what you mean about being the oldest. I worry about all my siblings (five of them) and now that everyone is married I get to worry about ten of them.

February 6, 2007 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

To much! To much!!!

February 7, 2007 at 5:15 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Geez! That's all I can say.

February 7, 2007 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Wow! Thanks for re-assuring me that LIFE is just that, and it happens to the best of us....ALL at once!

I feel your pain, I do!

February 13, 2007 at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home