Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

1/22/07

Hi, I'm 34 and I have a "Crush"

Yes that's right..you heard me...I have a little Crush, infatuation or whatever with this guy that rides the train to work with me. Yes, yes, I know..a little too "Unfaithful" or "Derailed" for you?

My train ride is a whopping 35 minutes and truth be told...

I've never spoken to the.......









READY?


READY?






KID- In my humble opinion.

Although looks can be deceiving, this "kid" couldn't be more than 24 or 25. (I know, I know...not really a kid) but 10 years younger than me seems like a kid to me and let's face it...couples like Demi and Ashton...are just not the norm? If I told you I had a crush on a hot older, Robert Redford type guy..that might be more socially acceptable, no?

Anyway, clearly the kid works outside or in a not so warm climate because he's covered head to toe in Carhartt clothing and a carries a big cooler for his lunch every day.

He's just got this incredible baby face, with a little facial hair that he trims from goatee to one of this hug the jaw line slim beards (ala Paul Tuttle from Orange County Choppers) and he looks like he could work in a motorcycle shop. He just has that way about him. He also has the hands of a working man. Calloused and dry. Maybe that's what it is...he's so DIFFERENT from most of the office type people that ride the train.

The funniest thing is that he tries really hard not to make eye contact with anyone, especially me. Truth is, I don't see him every day.

See my train, when you enter you can go to the left or right to sit down. I usually go to the right so that I'm facing the way the train is moving, he usually sits in the other car. So only on days that my car is crowded do I see him because I'll go looking for a spot and sit backwards, which I'm not very fond of. Anyway, point is I might see him once or twice a week on the way in.

Today I saw that many people must have been running late as my car was half empty.....so I sat down in the 2nd seat...and facing me sitting backwards in a four seater....there he was. One seat away basically. Now I could have gotten up and moved to another empty seat but how weird would that have looked?

So I got comfortable and started reading my book. Hoping and praying to stay awake since I didn't want cute construction boy (oh have I mentioned that's what I call him?) to see me falling asleep. Well at some point I must have dozed off..because when we came to a stop and I woke up..he was staring at me and when I looked at him he smiled at me.

So I smiled back....and I'm pretty sure I blushed.

WHAT THE HELL AM I NEW HERE? AM I suddenly 14 again? Am I NOT married with 2 kids and the most wonderful husband I could ask for?

Clearly...something is wrong with me. LOL

Anyway, cute construction boy gets off about 2 stops before me so I don't have to get any closer to him than where I sit....and when I got into the vestibule to get off at my stop I overheard 2 young girls with Columbia College backpacks.

"Did you see him today? My gosh...he's got that pretty boy scruff thing down huh? I actually saw him smile today, I've never seen him smile. I was pretty far back so I wonder what he was smiling at??" (Now this conversation was not even a tenth of as intelligent as it types out. Picture teen aged girls OMG'ing and Like ya know-ing.... all over the place..and that's what it sounded like)

Funniest thing ever though...

I'm 34....not too OLD right?

The other girl says to the first girl...

"Well maybe he was smiling at us cuz like all the other women on this train are fat and old."

Yes..I'm 34, old and fat...however, I'm fairly certain he was smiling at me waking up and looking run and hide embarrassed... so I'll take my little cute construction boy fantasy with me..thank you very much..and try to remember...crushes are harmless.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy W said...

You are never too old for a good old fashioned crush!

Yes, I agree with Kellie, ignore young, immature, little chicks comments, what do they know?

January 22, 2007 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I have a crush on you.

January 22, 2007 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I have crushes on all of you! And I am older than all of you too!

Oh remember those days when everyone around you was old? Not any more.

January 22, 2007 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Ooh, he sounds totally crushworthy. I'm sad he wasn't on the train the day I got to take it with you!

January 22, 2007 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have crushes all the time, I get stupid and giddy, I am surprised I don't drool. I love it. It's kinda exciting to know that an old broad can get a couple of smiles here and there.

Just wait those little girls will know soon enough how it feels to be old and fat. The little bitches!!!

Really the Heroes thing is fun. Not really interactive more like a lot of reading and passwords and finding secret documents to learn more about the show.

Make sure you get DIRECT TV, not dish network. I have both up/down state. The Tivo is much better with Direct tv. Listen to the pro!LOL

January 23, 2007 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

We have to get Direct TV. It's the only way I can get "NFL Ticket" for the hubby.

Plus we're moving into my Mom's house and she already has it, we just have to switch the name on the bill.

January 23, 2007 at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home