Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

1/18/07

What AM I really?

My very good friend (and sister from another Mother) That Chick blogged today about a conversation with a co-worker thinking that blogs are stupid.

That Chick mentioned that she isn't a "Mommy Blogger". Clearly if you read her blog..she's a hilariously funny blogger. Me, I'm not funny all the time.

I have 2 separate blogs myself...this one and a weight loss one in an attempt to finally shed baby weight from 14 years ago.

However, WHAT Is this blog?

Being new to the blogger world.....I wonder. Is there etiquette? Do I have to fall into a genre? Can't I say I'm a Hodge Podge of things? Do I have to pick a TYPE? Am I breaking some unwritten or (OH GOSH) written rule somewhere that I have to have ONLY certain type of posts in my blog? Are the blog police reading me and keeping tabs and eventually will come to shut me down for breaking the rules?

For me, it's a place to air my thoughts. Good, bad, emotional, family related, work related, funny stories about my kids, good things that happen in my life, things that suck in my life, stories about myself. There is no rhyme or reason to how I'll post my thoughts because believe you me....if I could categorize my thoughts that simply..I wouldn't be the dysfunctional person I am today.

I hope that's OK with everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

It's cool with me! :)

January 18, 2007 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

It's your blog and you should blog about whatever you want to. I thing labeling blogs is just stupid. One day I may blog about my kids, one day about work, one day about a personal struggle and one day about a national news story.

January 18, 2007 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger M said...

The lamest blogs I know are blogs which stick to their label. Do you label yourself one thing in day to day life? Why the hell should your blog be one thing?

That said..I hate the term blog because EVERY TIME I type BLOB instead. Cod all mighty.

I prefer to label myself "whole lotta useless shit" blog. You should be that too. Except your shit is far far less useless. :)

January 18, 2007 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I'm with M- "whole lotta useless shit". That's me! I'm not one thing all day long- why should my blog be one thing.

I, too, love your blog.

January 18, 2007 at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home