Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

1/19/07

He's SO VAIN...(and naive and young still thank goodness)

So last night adorable teen boy says

“Hey Mom can you help me figure out a way to get all these pictures on this board without it looking stupid?”

See super duper teenage boy is working on extra credit for literature or whatever…anyway he’s working on a poster board with his family tree on it…(ya know the evil witch that DEMANDED he write “Step Dad”) he refused this time…and I tell you ..if he brings home anything less than 100 pts on this thing, I’ll want an answer as to why because this thing was gorgeous. He’d gone to the Internet and found family crests for both his Dad’s surname as well as my Maiden name and put them at the top, did his diagram of my side vs. Dad’s side. He outlined each individual box in black marker, my side had their names in red, Dad’s side in blue.

Then Kyle found the most adorable pictures of everyone that is on the board. Pictures of him and Casey, a picture of Jeff and I from our wedding, Jeff, Kyle and I before Casey was born, my Dad, Jeff’s family..just covered the rest of the board in family pictures.

Kyle gets done gluing them all on.


No here comes the He's so Vain part

“Ya know Mom…..we got a shit ton of family huh?”

Cue the “Kyle are you FUCKING KIDDING ME, you’re swearing in front of me again stare”.

“Yes dear. Dad comes from a big family.”

“Yes he does..but ya know what, considering there are so many of us, we’re a pretty GOOD LOOKING bunch…I mean really. Look, not an ugly one in the bunch.”

“Honey, that’s cuz we’re don't marry within our own family.”

“Huh?”

“Never mind.”


Imagine that the kid didn't get my inbred joke. Thank God.

Sometimes I forget he's my son and not my little brother and I'm wildly inappropriate with him. Did I ever tell you about the time he was "snuggling" with me right around Christmas and I yelled "Get your penis off my leg" NO? Ok another blog for another time...anyway, I just laughed..and thought "You are SO gonna lose Mother of the Year. Again. Better luck next year. Although I think I've been disqualified til year like 2018" Fine.

I just sat that and considered that as big as he's getting he still so young and so naive and so much fun. Honestly though…I adore that freaking kid…he’s made my life something special..that is for sure.


Now if you've stayed with me through the PENIS story...I'd like to share some new and old pictures of my Super Duper boy with you...although you can see that my stellar Mother techniques are wearing off on him and he's passing them on to his sister...otherwise there's just some really heartfelt moments here.







See what I mean? Inappropriate...but funny.





6 Comments:

Blogger M said...

This made me laugh until I cried.

I love your children so. I love you so.

This many pics of them made me all weepy. Freaking hormones.

He's right though, you know, it's pretty remarkable that you are such a good looking group. Seriously shouldn't at least one of you look like a hound dog?

Thank you for my overdose of pics. I can now have a happy weekend sneaking back on to smile at that rightfully vain boy, that gorgeous girl, and you two crazy adults who parent them so well. xoxo

January 19, 2007 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Christine Spencer said...

I agree. You all have great eyes, especially. Very expressive!

The pic of Casey and the large beer! Oh my. I LOVE that.

Has Jeff taught her to do more football referee signs with her hands? Whatever those are called. I need videos of that!

January 19, 2007 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I love the black & white. I love the sleeping picture. The beer picture- my first thought "Ok it's a lite beer- start her off right." With each passing day my own dorkiness astounds me!

They really are too cute.

January 19, 2007 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your children are beautiful! You and I can sit on the sidelines when that Mother Of The Year ceremony comes around, you remember Naked Boots and Shit?

My husband's first cousins are married and their children are, well, not too pretty. Thank goodness they are rich and inevitably someone will marry them for the money...

January 19, 2007 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

I can hardly believe Kyle was EVER that small. Oh, my...I think back to what a little boy he still was when we all first became friends, and looking at him now I just can't believe it. It goes so fast!

January 20, 2007 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Oh, and Spence? I've actually seen Casey do her "touchdown" in person, and it is killer. Melt your heart and laugh till you cry killer. She rocks the block!

January 20, 2007 at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home