Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

1/23/07

Clearly the child watches too much TV

Last night I'm "firming" up plans with my sister for our trip we're about to take...

We're discussing if she has any books I can read, what we're packing, etc....and in the general conversation it comes up that my son has a NEW girlfriend. (Now remember in the world of 14 year olds they have a NEW boyfriend/girlfriend every 2.2 seconds)

My sister said..."Now WHY would he go and do that just before Disney?"

So I start having one of those 3 way conversations where you and one other person are on the phone and the third person is standing in the room and you keep repeating what that person is saying to the person on the phone and vice versa. When after a while you wonder WHY you're even on the phone at all.

So it goes something like this.

Me: "Auntie Kel wants to know why you would go and do something like that just before Disney?"

Kelly: "Now he has to buy her a gift."

Me: "Yeah Kyle, now you have to buy her a gift."

Kyle: *insert scared straight face* "I DO? We'll only be going out like a week when I leave."

Kelly: "Doesn't matter."

Me: " That's right. Doesn't matter. You're leaving for a week, you have to buy her something."

Kyle: "Ok, yeah sure. Will you help me pick something out Mom? Wait do I have to spend a lot?"

Kelly: LOL "No, you don't. But does he also know that he can't be spitting any game at the chicks there."

Me: "Auntie Kel says no you don't have to spend a lot. We'll find something but you do realize you and Cody can't be spitting game at any other girls since you have a girlfriend?'

Kyle: "Well, just like they say about Vegas. What happens at Disney stays at Disney?"

Me and Kelly: "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Kelly: "Oh that kid is funny. He cracks my shit up."

Kyle: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Me: "Ok that's funny but not...get serious. Cody will never keep quiet. Unless of course he has a girlfriend too..so you have blackmail."

Kyle: "We already worked it out."

Me: "Ok I have to go..."

Hang up with Kelly..and take this opportunity to give a Parent 101 lesson.

"Kyle, you aren't really ever going to be THAT guy are you? You realize that no other girl's lip should be touching ANY part of your body while on this trip except people you are related to, RIGHT? Doesn't matter if she's your girlfriend for 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months...you aren't THAT guy...understand? If you wanted freedom you shouldn't have asked her out BEFORE the trip...do we understand? Where is your Dad when it's time to have guy discussions like this? I taught you to pee standing up, isn't that enough? Jeez."

Kyle: chuckling at his Mom..."I know I get it Mom. I won't be doing anything on purpose. I can talk to other girls and hang out at the arcade at the hotel and stuff right?"

Me: "Yes of course, as long as your INNOCENT enough..." almost whimpering now..."Kyle, please do me right, don't ever turn out to be THAT awful guy. Ok?"

Kyle: "True dat Mama. True. True. I don't want to be that scummy guy. I promise."

Exit super duper teenage boy child....

Is he 30 yet?

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

True dat. Cod I love you people. On bagels even. Toasted. Seriously if my relationship with Liam is half as fabulous as yours with Kyle we're be a lucky family.

January 23, 2007 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I'm so glad that he understand that being "that guy" is not a good thing at all. Kudos to you, you've got a great kid there!

January 23, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home