Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

2/15/07

Kyle lived to see another day

So after the "Can I have friends over when the house is a pit?" and then the big let down from Mom...and the much anticipated "Fine, whatever." from the boy child...I wasn't sure what to expect when I got home last night.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw.

Kyle had cleaned his room, he'd picked up the living room to the best of his ability, he'd removed a few things and taken a few things down to the basement I'd been meaning to do, he ran the vacuum, taken out the garbage and dusted the TV and book shelves.

I was amazed but cautious.

"Hey Bubba, thanks for picking up. I really hope you don't think cuz you picked up it's ok to have people over tonight."

"No Mom. I'm sorry if I sounded like a spoiled brat. I know it's your night to watch LOST and I know Dad will be home tonight, which is like a miracle anyway so you guys can watch it together. I didn't think about that when Cassie asked if we could hang out."

"It's fine Bub, just try not to do the fine.whatever to me because that really irritates me."

"I know. I'm sorry. I stirred the meatballs again, they smell REALLY good."

"Yeah, we'll eat in just a few minutes."

"Oh after I hung up with you, I ran up to Walgreens I hope that's ok."

"Sure, are we out of toilet paper or something?"

"No. I wanted to get you this." as he hands me a red envelope, which is clearly a Valentine's Day card.

On the front, lots of flowers and a few butterflies.

The special bond of mother and child
Is written with love on their hearts and souls
And makes them a part of each other forever


Inside a few more flowers and butterflies.

Thank you Mom for being all that you are

Forever giving,
Forever caring,
Forever loving,

But most of all
Forever loved


Happy Valentine's Day Mom

Then my son wrote: (in very less than flattering handwriting)

"Mom, I know I tell you a lot how much I love you but I don't think you really know how much. You always say I made YOU the person you are today. You make me- ME. I'm very lucky to have you and I want you to know I don't know what I would do without you. So just in case I turn into a crab once I start high school and forget to tell you how much I love, never wonder if I still love you cuz I always will. Love, Your Bubba Kyle"

Yep, you guessed it...I had to reread the last 2 lines or so cuz my eyes were full of water.

"Oh honey, thanks."

So when Jeff gets home with a card for me and another envelope and he kind of motions for Kyle to go into the kitchen to sign it and I heard Kyle proudly say "Just sign Casey's name, I got MY own card for Mom."

Even though I got 3 cards yesterday, Kyle's was probably my favorite.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a little watered up myself. That was beautiful!! You are an awesome mother!!

February 15, 2007 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

He's so sweet!

February 15, 2007 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

That was amazing, you are raising them right!

I haven't watched Lost yet, totally watching it tonight.

February 15, 2007 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

SO sweet! The water works totally turned on for me. Very touching!!

February 15, 2007 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Hell, I had to reread the last 2 lines, cuz my eyes were watery. That is so sweet. Gah, you have done such an amazing job raising him, I hope my kids end up like that. You're really blessed.

February 15, 2007 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger frannie said...

anyone got a tissue? 'cause I am all water works over here.....

February 15, 2007 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger M said...

Cod your son made me cry. I'm quite hormonal today but even not that would've zinged me.

How absolutely fantastic and amazing and wonderful is he? I know I say it all the time but I just pray my children are half as amazing as yours.

You are one hell of a mother.

February 15, 2007 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Gerbil said...

That boy is GOOD. In all senses of the word. Be proud, chick. He's one for the record books.

February 15, 2007 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That made me tear up too. Can I meet you and get some parenting lessons? Today I am going to post a story about my daughter and the shower and we will see my lack of parenting skills.

February 16, 2007 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Nice.

Can you teach our daughter to do that?

February 16, 2007 at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home