Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

2/14/07

Flowers, Flowers, Favorites, Favorites A Poll ( I guess)

  • So the DH did indeed send me flowers for the big VD.
  • Not that I don't appreciate them but anytime this week they are SUPER expensive.
  • Why not just send them to me next month on the 8th because it's your favorite number?
  • Why spend the ridiculous amount of money they want in order to send them TODAY?
  • Why? Because they made me smile and then cry when I saw the amount deducted from our checking account.

    Ever the one to try and remain calm, when I met him for lunch I attempted to be very grateful, diplomatic and practical about the whole thing.

    NOTICE that I said...attempted.

    My first reaction was "Honey they are so overpriced this time of year. You should have only gotten 1/2 a dozen vs. a dozen."

    He replies "I did. The girl told me how much a dozen was and I knew you'd kill me."

    "Well I got a dozen."

    "Well you shouldn't have. How much did they take?"

    "$98"

    "What??? Oh no."

    So he calls the florist, explains what happened when he ordered them and how even though he wanted to send them it doesn't do any good if he gets in trouble with the wife for overspending, etc.

    The girl gave him a confirmation number and will credit us back the difference from a dozen to a half dozen, which quite frankly I was surprised they would do it at all.

    Anyway, this leads me to my question.

    Some women like lilies, some like wildflowers, others like Birds of Paradise. Me, I am a giddy fool for peach roses.

    SO what's your favorite flower or even your list of favorite colors?

    For me I love (probably in this order):

    Peach Roses
    Baby Pink Roses
    White Roses
    Yellow Roses
    Lavender Roses
    Orange Roses
    Bi-Colored Roses
    Red Roses

    But I'm also a sucker for bright colored daisies and big pink lilies.

    Maybe I'm a romantic mush..but even those $9.99 bouquets from the grocery store with one rose and the rest miscellaneous fillers make me giddy.

    I'm a practical person but flowers can still put a smile on my face any day. Especially a day like today when for me it's not such a significant day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Pink Roses are my favorite.

They are closely followed by Pink Tulips, then Red Tulips.

I also have a thing for fire and ice roses.

Angie
bigredcouch.com/journal/

February 14, 2007 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I, of course, like roses. Mainly pink ones.

My fave flowers are stargazer lillies which are not usual in bouquets, but they are sooooo pretty.

February 14, 2007 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger M said...

Awww. I'm glad you got flowers. Sounds like you can use them. But LORDIE does practical me hear you on the OMFG DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THOSE THIS WEEK NO NO NO PLEASE GO TO THE GROCERY STORE AND BUY THEM NOT THE DELIVERY SERVICE NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm just glad they'll give back half the money. And that you got lovely happy flowers. Flowers can make you feel good no matter what. And on a day that doesn't matter? It's just as good as getting flowers any ol' day! (except with the nastier pricetag)

Oh. And flowerwise? I'm so not a rose girl. If there are roses I'd like them multicolored and interesting (for our anniversary Josh sent me a 3 flower arrangement of roses which was just divine colored). I ADORE lilies (golly. what a clever name for my girl child!) I like anything wildflower like. Or purple. You can't go wrong with purple anything. Tulips are so cheery as are daffodils which both grow in ridiculous abundance here.

Oh cod I'm almost looking forward to spring!

February 14, 2007 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love me some lilies....over any flower. And, I made the man person of the house SWEAR not to bring ANY type of flowers today. He did, but they were from the grocery store and he only got them because there was one lily in there.

Anyway...glad they will credit you half of the amount. Dear Lord...$98 for roses. That's a decent trip to TARGET!!!

February 14, 2007 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Lilies! Lilies are my most favorite, followed up by Astormeria. Oh, who am I kidding, any flower to me is beautiful. And I always, ALWAYS stop to smell the roses.

February 14, 2007 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger frannie said...

new to your blog... I've "seen" you around and thought I'd stop by.

I LOVE white roses... I think they are just so beautiful.

nice blog

February 15, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home