Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

2/14/07

That's Right I suck at this Cool Mother crap

My son calls me just a little while ago...he's home with a "snow day" and had just gotten back from sledding with friends.

He wants to know if he can have people over tonight.

Uh...no.

See we have 4 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment. We don't even have a room for the baby she sleeps in a crib in our room.

4 people in a 5 room apartment = CRAP EVERYWHERE

Throw in a vacation and everyone being sick since then..and you have ONE messy house.

So even though I feel completely justified in saying "No you cannot have a few people over to hang out tonight the house is a pit."

He gets that wounded boy sound in his voice and he's like "Ok fine. Whatever. Fine." and I feel like total crap.

When is it that I get to lay the guilt trips and make people feel bad? Cuz I remember very distinctly my Mother laying them on me in my teenager years and just when I think I can lay them on my son...he's laying them on me. Did I miss my turn? Did I step out of line? Did I miss the day they taught us to lay the guilt trips?

This isn't fair....in just a few months we'll be in the house and the kid can have a normal looking home to "hang" out at..and have friends over...but right now..our itty bitty tiny apartment just doesn't work.

This sucks..I want a do-over.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

At one time or another, we ALL suck at the cool mother crap!

February 14, 2007 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Rachel...I SO suck at the cool Mom thing. Kinda depressing, given she's only 13 months old!!

February 14, 2007 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

My kids still think it's cool that I let them say curse words inside the house.

But they are mere children...not teenagers.

Woe be unto all of us when they become teenagers.

We got your cards and pins. Thank you so much! The princess and the pirate were thrilled. :)

February 15, 2007 at 3:10 AM  
Blogger M said...

You're the cool mother and a half. Should I remind you of all the horrifying discussions you've had with your son that would've sent an uncool mother (such as me) runnign for her life?

So you're practical mom one day. I'm sure Kyle will live. ;)

February 15, 2007 at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home