Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

2/19/07

Onward and Upward or Laterally...whatever

So in my mind (we have NO set date because of baseball) I'm moving in just about 5 months to a house, which seems like an upward to me. However, I'm sure if some people saw the house that will be mine they wouldn't think much of it. However, I think it's wonderful and am very excited.

Now last year baseball ended up late on a Sunday night the third week of July. As long as I'm out by August 1st from my apartment, things will go fine. It would be nice to have a more set "date" in my head but well..... I can't control everything. I will eventually have a date, it's just not going to happen until after we see a baseball schedule in the spring.

In the meantime I am trying to make lists of things we'll need, things we should replace, things we want to replace. Pretty much in that order too need, should replace and want to replace.

What is in those categories you ask?

Things we'd need:
Some furniture for Casey's room
Linens for Casey's room
Linens for Kyle's room
Linens for our new king size bed
Rubbermaid Storage containers

Things we should replace:
Towels (in order to match the new bathroom)
New glassware set
New pot and pan set
New laundry baskets for each room vs. only 2 rooms

Things I want to replace:
Pillows on the couch
Silverware set
Blender (for better quality)
Toaster (for better quality)
Knife set (for better quality)
Frames in the living room to better match the new colors in the living room
New alarm clock for bedroom

See you can see what kind of task this is categorizing them.

One thing at the top of the list is new linens for Casey & Kyle.

See they are both "bumping up" in bed size.

Casey is going from a crib mattress to a twin.
Kyle from a twin to a queen.

Kyle's was easy enough to find. He's asked for a black, gray and red room.

Casey's was not that easy. See the room she will be moving into was my youngest sister's and she had a black, white, hot pink with daisies decor going. The top 14 inches from the ceiling all the way around the room is hot pink with a shelf all the way around the room. The remainder of the wall is white.

I was attempting to keep the pink. IF I could find something to match it. I figured rather than make myself nutty (oh who the hell am I kidding) ok, ok, make myself MORE nutty I would just paint over the pink if I couldn't find anything to match.

Honestly I didn't have much luck...until
My Lovely M pointed out a friend of hers makes blankets.

So I wandered over to
Shannon's site only to find that she HAD to make a blanket. So let the email begin. I emailed Shannon asking for a quote and specs for a twin quilt. She gets back to me and I decide to try and find the perfect material for Casey's room.

Considering she'll have just turned 2 when we move..I didn't want a character themed room but I wanted something YOUNG and fun and fresh...WITH the pink if I could find it.

Shannon immediately started sending me links to materials. I began my own search...and what did I find?

I found THIS. This Fun Turtle print with just the right PINK. I've never been more excited about something in my life.




So now I'm on a hunt for turtle and butter fly stuff AND I get to keep the pink.

6 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Okay I JUST noticed the dime in the middle of the fabric. I couldn't figure out wtf that was.

I think your lists are very wise lists indeed.

I think your new house is FABULOUS and I adore it.

I think Casey's blanket is freaking perfect.

Must keep eyes peeled for turtles and butterflies. Cod I know I saw some not so long ago somewhere that were just remarkably adorablefied.

I dreamed of you last night. We were playing with race cars. Like real Nascar ones. We were doing stunts on them as the drivers drove around. Your driver ran over a tire and you flew in the air but caught yourself. So you won the contest with that superstar move. You should be proud of yourself.

February 19, 2007 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I love the blanket material. Very cute but not too cutesy, know waht I mean?

February 19, 2007 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Perstephone said...

That blanket is great- the turtles are just adorable. And the pink? Very energizing!

Also, your house is going to be great for you and that's all it takes to make it a home! It took a while for my house to feel like my home, but two years later I love it dearly- cheesy 70's bathrooms and all!

PS- Thank you for your kind support about my grandpa. Your words are very comforting.

February 19, 2007 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I puffy pink heart the blanket material!

February 19, 2007 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Amy W said...

Glad to see you are list maker like me.

I love that fabric, it's perfect!

February 20, 2007 at 5:41 AM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That is an adorable material. I assume there will be a pillowcase to match?

February 20, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home