Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

2/28/07

Wednesday Woes

Today I'm blogging from home rather than being non-productive at work. (Actually I usually type my blog entries at home on word and then just post them from work with HIGH speed vs. my crappy dial up at home. I can't wait to have high speed once we move)

So today, I'm not feeling all that great. Mostly because Casey has NOT been herself since oh...last Friday. She spiked a fever on Saturday. Sunday she was whiny. Monday she was clingy and whiny. Tuesday she was just irritated. Last night..she passed out on her little nap pad thingy during Wheel of Fortune which means sometime between 6:30 and 7pm...when her normal bedtime is 8pm. By 8 she was WIDE awake..and FUSS-y.

She hasn't had much of an appetite, which is very unlike her. She didn't eat much last night for dinner. Actually the only thing she was remotely interested in was a "No Pudge" (1pt on WW) Strawberry ice cream bar. Since she saw my putting them in the freezer. Being the Mother of the Year, I gave it to her. She promptly began sharing it with her brother..but not prompt enough because that stuff melts FAST. So I put her in the high chair. She ate about 1/2 of it and then proceeded to let it melt on the tray while she whined and cried and asked for her nuk and baba....ALL NIGHT LONG (and not the fun Lionel Richie All Night Long kinda way let me tell you).

She was up and down again ALL NIGHT LONG and I have no idea what her deal is. Her cheeks are completely flushed all the time, she's got a fairly wet cough. She's got no appetite. She's run a fever on and off for 5 days. Maybe an upper respiratory infection, maybe the start of an ear infection. Maybe a slight case of RSV, which would freak me the hell out.

Anyway, here I am AGAIN at home. For my 4th day off of this very short month (but only 3 that I took because one was my "flex" day off) maybe my boss will get ticked and "let me go" with the severance package I've been dreaming of since they started cutting back last November.

The only sleep I've had was basically from 2:30am til 4:30 when all 24 lbs of her passed out sleeping on top of my chest on the couch. Then a call into my boss and a dose of cough medicine and she passed out again from 5:15 til 7am. Since then I've attempted yogurt, a banana, cereal from MY bowl (which usually works), oatmeal, an apple and even "fruit snacks". What has she eaten? Uh..nothing. She's had a small sippy cup of apple juice but that's it. After not eating last night..I'm not hopeful.

So the doctor's office switchboard opens at 9:30. At that time, she'll be dressed and ready to go, I'll be dressed and ready to go and the ped will say "Can you come at 2pm?" and I'll cry. If I sat here in my PJs and called at 9:30 she'd tell me to come RIGHT in. Murphy's law.

If you've stuck with all my own whining and dribble this far either A) you're really bored or B) you really do like hearing about my life..and this one was pretty non-funny. I just have no energy to spin any humor really.

I hope to be back to work tomorrow...so we'll see how I feel then.

What are my chances of a "come right in" and I'm back home with some sort of medicine by noon so I can attempt to feed her again and then get a nap?

Yeah, I know..pigs aren't flying outside me window.

8 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Awww...crap. I was wondering where you were.

Sorry the baby is sick. Tell her Auntie loves her and I would give her jello pudding pops all day if I could ever find them in the store.

February 28, 2007 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger M said...

Ah hell. Poor Casey June. Poor mommy too. Here's to the ped being swift and helpful. Damn sick babies. It sucks. And then some.

xoxo

February 28, 2007 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

This is a bad week for babies. :( So many sick little ones. Hope she starts feeling better soon.

P.S. I found you. Neener neener. ;)

February 28, 2007 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

poor thing! She must be miserable! I hope she feels all better soon. keep us posted on what the doctor says.

February 28, 2007 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Oh you poor thing, you've had enough going on lately! So sorry to her she is sick. Definitely get that baby girl to the doctor. Her symptoms sound just like what Alyssa had back in December and we ended up spending a night in the hospital because she had pnemonia and was really dehydrated. It was scary!

I certainly hope that it is NOT that and she is feeling better very very soon!

February 28, 2007 at 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby (and Mommy, too!). I hope it's nothing serious and she'll be better real soon.

February 28, 2007 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Amy W said...

So what did the doctor say?

It's going around I tell ya...

March 1, 2007 at 5:11 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

I hope she gets better soon! And yeah, what's up with babies wanting to sleep on your chest instead of the nice cozy bed? I don't get it (but Isaac enjoys this too!)

March 1, 2007 at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home