Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

3/5/07

The Party Goes All Week

Here I've decided to enter into my first "blog thing-y" as my husband would call it.

Here I'm supposed to tell a little about myself and join people to join in the party.

Well, I'm Angie, 34, live in Chicago, married with 2 great kids.

My husband is a Green Bay Packer Fan the rest of my house; Bears Fan. Go figure. (Although he's trying to work on our 21 month old I think I'm going to win). How do rival fans end up married? Good question. How do rival fans cohabitate? Well we never watch the Chicago/Green Bay games in the same room. Once football season is over we're usually ok.

Me, I'm a working Mom that is usually gone from her house almost 12 hours a day. At home, I'm the main cook, the main housekeeper, the main taxi and the main caregiver to the children and quite honestly I'm not sure how I do it. Most days I struggle with the working Mom vs. Stay at home Mom. I just hate the thought of someone else caring for my daughter about 8-9 hours a day. Daughter? Yes, I said daughter. Didn't I mention I have 2 kids? I do. My son is a teenager.

WHAT?? Yes..that's right I'm 34 with a 14 yr old and an almost 2 year old. (I will cover this in my blog this week. It's really a great story and touching situation quite honestly.)

So for my regular readers, this week there will be no tid-bit-y day to day update type posts. Mostly meat and potatoes this week. Stuff I've been thinking of, stuff I've been meaning to put my thoughts down on. Stuff that is either hysterically funny or stuff that really matters to me. Either way it should be a good time...so INVITE Your friends. Come one, come all.

The "Blog Party" --------> which I've linked on the right side there suggests I put out some food out and turn up the music since I'm hosting. Figuratively that sounds like fun but since I can't see anyone to give away best costume or best LIMBO dancer...I've got to liven the party up in other ways.

So I'm going to be doing a give away daily. Ya know how you win radio contents by being "Caller 10" or "Caller 99"? Yep, that's my random way of picking winners for a few days. The other days I'll ask you to give me a question or share something about yourself in your comments and then my husband is going to judge those.

Prizes range from random gift cards, packets of cute note cards (wait people actually still put real live paper NOTES through the USPS?) to baked goods and cute photo fridge magnets. You just NEVER know what's gonna come out of the Prize Vault at PFD (PuttheFuninDysfunctional.)

So to everyone here...I say...

Let's PARTY!

19 Comments:

Blogger AGK said...

I'm Angela, but do not allow people to call me Angie ;) Nice to meet you. I am very curious about the story with you having a 14 YO and then a 2 YO. I can't imagine!

March 5, 2007 at 6:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the party!
Sorry about your sister. We've been through two family cancers this past year, my mother then my uncle.
I know how hard it can be to get a grip on everything.

March 5, 2007 at 6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the party!! Nice to meet you. Sounds like you have a great story coming...

March 5, 2007 at 6:27 AM  
Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

WOO HOO!! Welcome to the party!

Linda

March 5, 2007 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I'm looking forward to this week! Can't wait to hear the story about the kids!

March 5, 2007 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Perky said...

Welcome to the Blog Party! Nice to meet you. I'm sorry to read the post about your sister. I'll stop back later and check in for updates! Best wishes!

March 5, 2007 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

Welcome to the party! So nice to "meet" you!

Thanks for telling us about yourself...this is such a great way to get to know other bloggers! All from one great list of like-minded bloggers! I love it!

Diane

March 5, 2007 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Welcome to the party! It's always nice to meet other mommy bloggers out there. I know what you mean about fighting between staying home and working. It's a strange dichotemy. I never knew I'd be so hell bent on staying home until I had my daughter. I looked at her and my world changed. Strange how that happens. Anyway, it's great to blog meet you, stop by some time and say hi!

March 5, 2007 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I am so sorry to hear about your streak of bad luck! Just hang in there...your kids are absolutely gorgeous. I enjoyed how you write your posts, you keep it fresh. Come on by my place and sample a box of chocolates when you get minute. I am also on WW and the chocolate at my space is 0points!!!
Melissa

March 5, 2007 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I love you and your stories too.

March 5, 2007 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

I love a good party!

March 5, 2007 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Alexis Jacobs said...

Welcome to the party. I am looking forward to reading more on your blog. Have a great Monday!

March 5, 2007 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Dang. I was looking forward to the Limbo dancing thing.......

March 5, 2007 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Mama's Moon said...

Hi there! From one Packer-fan married to a 49ers-fan I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I've enjoyed your writing. I wish your sister the best, and hope the rest of your family is doing well. Can't wait to read your story on your kids... but first, really? No limbo-dancing??

Have a great party-week!

March 5, 2007 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Hey, this sounds fun :D I think I'll join in if I don't forget!

March 5, 2007 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

How does one get invited to this party? I could use one.

March 5, 2007 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting the party - it was great to meet you. Good luck with your blog.

March 5, 2007 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Wil's Wheels said...

Hi, here for the party. I have a 2 yo son, 12 yo son and two 9 yo sons. Fun the second time around, isn't it?

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

March 6, 2007 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks for entering the jewelry contest on my blog... the 2nd one has been posted. The winners for both should be announced next week! :)

March 7, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home