Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

3/26/07

The Times they are a Changing

Talk about a full, fun and productive weekend.

Friday night we decided since we were both home early enough we'd hit Carmax.

2 hours later I have a Navy Blue, Chrysler Town & Country minivan.

We got the seat style & mileage we were hoping for, plus it was in our price range, which was the most important thing.

Why can't I be independently wealthy? Why is price such an issue? Because I was given additional confirmation today by my boss that yes; I am on the list for the April layoff. That it is only a matter of days before HR gives the approval and then he has paperwork to complete and we can be officially told when our last day will be and how much severance we will be getting.

He said "I'm not sure if it's coming down today or this week so your last day could be the 6th, it might not be til the 13th. Either way it'll be April." Again really it's fine..and the sooner it happens, the sooner I can be thrilled with it all and really accept it.

But we got the minivan Friday and then did nothing but shop for 2 more days. Saturday we went to the mall with my sister looking for shorts and t-shirts for Kyle.

Sunday we went to another mall to get shirts for Jeff, baseball equipment for Kyle and then I spent $100 on myself at Lane Bryant. Got some really cute stuff too....

Sunday night Jeff had his fantasy baseball draft and we went to visit my Dad for a little while.

I didn't get to bed any night this weekend before midnight and was up at 7:30 Sat morning and 7am Sunday morning. I'm freaking tired today.

However, Tues I'm taking one of my sick days since my boss told me to take them and use them because I won't be compensated for them. So I have the day off, which is good because we have friends from Arizona passing through that want to have dinner and I'll be home rather than rushing around. So tomorrow morning, I'm sleeping in.

How is everyone else?

11 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Can I just say that your boss sounds like an amazingly nice person?

March 26, 2007 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

enjoy your day off!!!

March 26, 2007 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Congrats on finding the van! You'll still be hot driving a mom-van, I know it.

I won't say congrats on being laid off, but I am very glad it's coming at a time when it might just work out for the best for your family. Also, enjoy those days off!

xoxoxoxo

March 26, 2007 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Congrats on the minivan purchase! And double congrats on the day off! Enjoy the visit with your AZ friends :)

March 26, 2007 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Nice boss! Many would just let you suffer the loss. Have fun with your friends.

March 26, 2007 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Alexis Jacobs said...

I have a Town & Country and you will LOVE it! Congrats!

March 26, 2007 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I'm all for you being laid off and stuff, because God knows I love being at home, but does that mean you'll post less?

Just wondering, says the girl who hasn't posted in ages herself.

March 26, 2007 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger M said...

Yeah for days off and yeah for new vehicles and yeah for purchases and yeah for visiting with friends!

I'm so extra jealous of your van!!! GAAAAAAAAH! I'm so glad you found something in your pricerange.

I hope you slept in nice and long this am!

March 27, 2007 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you guys found something that you like in your price range.

And yay for new clothes!

And double yay for being that much closer to knowing exactly when your last day at work will be.

March 27, 2007 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

My sister has a Town & Country. She loves it.

March 27, 2007 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Amy W said...

Hope your day off was fun...

You have joined the masses with minivans, including myself. Let's just hope yours doesn't end up looking like mine on the inside...

March 28, 2007 at 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home