Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

3/28/07

A Glimpse ahead

Honestly I have too much work to be able to blow through all my sick days...since I had 3 and I would have to use them all by this Friday. Once I'm "officially notified" of my layoff I can't miss a day for 2 weeks. So yesterday was my only day off...I'll be here through the 13th now. Not so bad. 13 more days of work if you count today and I lose 2 days of sick time.

However, having the day off gave me a good idea what my time at home will be like. I slept til almost 7:45, which was 3 hours more than I get now. I felt very refreshed, ready to attack the day and that's exactly what I did.

Want to know what I got done? Truthfully not all that much.

I fed the kids, had some coffee and started cleaning up the kitchen from the night before.

By 10am I had 2 loads of laundry done and played with Casey. Then she went down for her morning nap and I decided to tackle the book/media shelves.

I packed a big box full of paper back books to donate. Had a huge garbage bag full of stuff I was ready toss and then made a list of all my VHS tapes that I need to replace with DVDs and tossed those. Rearranged some stuff and just in time for Casey to get up from her nap and have some lunch. Then she and I sat on the floor and played for nearly 2 hours. It was heaven.

Before you knew it Kyle was home and we were getting ready for them to eat. Our dinner plans fell through with our friends so Jeff and I went to dinner.

It was a very nice day. Gave me a little idea as to how my days at home will go not accounting for just about anything else that gets thrown at me..but eh..whatever.

Also, I was dusting pictures and looking at my son's school pictures.

It's amazing to me how fast the time really goes. It was not that long ago he was just starting school. I have one of those school house frames with 13 slots for kindergarten through 12th grade. There are only 4 open slots. I looked at that frame picturing all 12 full. Imagining this was March of 2011 and where my son would be going off to college. Thinking about how much I would miss talking to him every day. Seeing him everyday.

Then I looked at my 4 slot frame for Casey. Her 2 month, 4 month, 8 month and 1 year pictures all smiling back at me. Considering she's only 2 months away from being 2 years....where did that time go?

My glimpse ahead to her future made me realize how grateful I am for this time being given to me to spend just with her. The time goes SO quickly.

Although I was scared of what is yet to come...I'm also grateful for the chance to take this journey with my children.

P.S. Emma----We are having computer connectivity issues at home but I'm working on them so that when I am laid off, I will still post M-F. I didn't post yesterday because I couldn't get online.

8 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I'm glad you had a good day at home (and slept in?! WOOT!) It's funny how little and much can be done while home.

And wow. Casey's going to be TWO. That really is mind boggling.

I'm so glad you're getting this time to spend with your kidfolk. You're so going to appreciate and treasure it. So will they. xoxo

March 28, 2007 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

So glad you will get the chance to be at hom with Casey! That is going to be so much fun for both of you! I am sooo jealous! Kyle will like having Mom at home in the afternoon after school too!

March 28, 2007 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

I am so happy that you get to be a SAHM! It is the best job ever, to me. I love every second of it!

March 28, 2007 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

My prediction? It'll be a rough but worthwhile transition. Congrats and good luck with the adjustment, 'kay?

March 28, 2007 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Time sure does fly, I echo that.

And I'm so glad that you will finally get to stay home. I'm sure it's a dream come true.

March 28, 2007 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Uh....I forgot to mention that I nominated YOU for an award, check out my blog for details.

March 28, 2007 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Amy W said...

I am excited for you in your new adventure, and I can't wait to hear about it and live vicariously through you.

March 29, 2007 at 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is an adjustment to be home...both emotionally and financially. But, it's worth it. I have days that I get so much done I am highly impressed with myself. Other days? Yeah, not much gets done, but my kid is fed and happy and loved and that's great, too :)

March 31, 2007 at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home