Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

4/24/07

My Checkbook is gonna bounce across the street

Well NOT REALLY but it feels that way lately.

In the last couple of weeks with 8th grade graduation around the corner....my son has cost me a small fortune.

We've spent:
  • $145 for regular baseball
  • $195 for Travel baseball
  • $237 at Dick's sporting goods for equipment
  • $18 at another sporting goods store for his baseball socks
  • $10 for a field trip
  • $10 for a Class Shirt
  • $20 for Cap and Gown
  • $20 spending money for the Cubs Game Ticket he won
  • $60 for Six Flags Great America Class Trip Ticket
  • $30 spending money for food at Six Flag
  • $179 on graduation clothes and shoes

GRAND TOTAL: $954

All that was spent IN THE LAST 4 WEEKS

Yes.....my checkbook and ATM cards...are not happy.

(oh and Kellie is going to cry) but thank GOODNESS Jeff won those "Recognizing You" awards at work..because I went and spent an additional $356 at TARGET yesterday. The only difference was $325 of that was FREE money from Verizon. When I showed the girl I had two gift cards, one for $300 and the other for $25 she nearly passed out.

But yeah..I went in to Target on a mission to get summer clothes for the kids.

I spent about $170 on Kyle, about $120 on Casey and another $60 on stuff for around the house. Talk about sticker shock..then I remembered that only $26 of that was actually MY money.

I'm broke and exhausted.

Kids are expensive.

11 Comments:

Blogger CPA Mom said...

Preaching to the choir here. Kids are Damned Expensive. And I don't even have a teenager like you. I'm not looking forward to those years at all....

April 24, 2007 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger M said...

Kids ARE expensive. But you did great with the Target cards! Go Verizon!!! WOOT! :)

And, um, my children are never going ot participate in anything. EVER. Good cod you spent more on Kyle than my rent! lmao!

April 24, 2007 at 7:13 AM  
Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

Tell me about it M...

Now that baseball is only once a year deal..and this was the year he needed NEW everything, cleats, underarmor, protection so I don't spend that $240 every year.

Although this year he did also play football so that was another $200 registration and another $80 for cleats...so it's apples and oranges.

April 24, 2007 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

And I'll have two at the same time. Joy.

April 24, 2007 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Amen sister. Kids ARE expensive!

April 24, 2007 at 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear God....that's an expensive 4 weeks.

Verizon, huh? Didn't know Jeff worked for Verizon. Interesting. SO insanely jealous....but, it's you so, it's a good jealous!! :)

April 24, 2007 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I'm interested to see what interests my kids develop. Will I be paying for sports equipment or music lessons?

Our neighbours have two horses. Heaven help me.

Sympathies!

April 24, 2007 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Amen! Money has been flying out of my checkbook at record speed, too. Lucky you with the gift cards.

April 24, 2007 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Damn! Maybe I should start keeping up with what I spend on my kids and present them with a bill when they graduate college. Kids are definitely expensive!

April 24, 2007 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

AMEN to that! Kids are expensive. And exhausting. But so damn cute and funny and totally worth it!

April 24, 2007 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger alissa said...

And here I thought it was just my love of Gymboree clothes that was going to throw me in the poor house...

April 27, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home