Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

4/13/07

Freaky Friday the 13th

Nothing like FRIDAY THE 13th being your last day at your job before you head off into the world of the unknown and unemployment; right?

I know I'll never forget my last day at my job that's for sure. "Yeah, it was Friday the 13th."

This brings on a whole new chapter of my life.

The part where I stop commuting to downtown Chicago every day.
The part where I move into my first house in about 3 months. (Time is going SO quickly)
The part where Jeff possibly lands another promotion this fall and therefore I CAN afford to stay home for a little while longer.

If the third one happens GREAT, if not, then I start another chapter at a new job by the end of this year.

For me, this brings on some unexpected feelings of sadness. Almost 2 years ago when I got put on bedrest with Casey I PRAYED so hard for something to come along so that I could just stay home after her birth. That didn't happen so I was back to work in August. Now nearly 2 years later we're down to a pretty good routine and the money is good. I've gotten used to being a working Mom (with occasional twinges of guilt) but we've survived. Leaving now feels like I couldn't cut it..no matter how much I remind myself I didn't QUIT, they are letting me go.

Now I'm about to stay home...what happens when I go back to work? (OH the horror and guilt of leaving my child then).

Jeez, I'm a freaking nutcase. (This should come as no surprise to those of you that know me.)

For today, I'm just hoping to get through the day without crying too much.

Stay tuned---next week I'm participating in my first FUN MONDAY.

I will also be discussing my sex talk with my son who is 14 (actually closer to 15) and the talk we had the other night was about our THIRD sex discussion since he was 11. I have to work my way slowly up to "Do not stick any of your protruding parts into a girl's inner part, got it?"

Because as the Mother of teenager..if you come with TMI straight out of the gate their ears tend to shrivel up and fall from their heads..and they just don't hear anything else you have to say.

Anyway, next week should be some fun posts, now that I'm closing this Feeling Like I was going to lose my job for over a year and it finally happened but not until after our company changed the severance policy to something so craptacular so now I wish I'd really been laid off last year but AMEN it's over!

Happy Friday the 13th Everyone!

12 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I'm glad it's over!!!

April 13, 2007 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

Happy Last Day at Your Job!

April 13, 2007 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

whoo hoo!! celebrate good times!

April 13, 2007 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, I'm glad that you get to stay home for a while. Good job sticking it out!

April 13, 2007 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

Blessings to you, Angie.

April 13, 2007 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

It's such a tricky thing, being a mom. You almost always feel guilt whether you stay at home or work.

April 13, 2007 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not that you need it, but best wishes for a wonderful time home with your kids!! My offer to come help you pack still stands. I've wanted to see Chicago for a while now :)

April 13, 2007 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I jealous that you get to stay at home with Casey & Kyle! I really wish I could, but we need my income.

Can't wait to hear about the sex talks, lol.

I'm doing my first Fun Monday on Monday too!

April 13, 2007 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow, talk about mixed emotions, eh? It'll be hard to be home, coming from someone who knows. And you might feel guilty for not being deliriously happy to be a stay at home mom all of sudden. Just remember it doesn't happen all of a sudden usually. Most things in life are a gradual process. Maybe it will be a lovely Ah-hah! moment for you and all will be sunshine and lollipops...but it might not be. Hope the adjustment goes as smoothly as possible!

And that's the end of this edition of Unsolicited Advice. Tune in next time for...

April 13, 2007 at 2:36 PM  
Blogger Gerbil said...

lorrrrrd, The Talk. Ohhhhh I hated that but kept it up. You'll be glad of it later but.... I feel for you, man.

April 13, 2007 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hello, although this is my first visit to your blog, I will be back for Fun Monday. I have read some of your entries about your change in employment. Kimberly has a point about mixed emotions. Some of my best times were the years that I stayed home with my preschool children. On the other hand, I do not mind earning a few dollars. In any event , enjoy your time at home.

April 15, 2007 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

You made it...Congratulations! Let the good times roll and have fun with the kiddos while you are at home. Enjoy!

April 15, 2007 at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home