Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

3/30/07

Together we can make a difference

I bet there isn't a person here that hasn't lost someone to cancer.

I currently have 3 immediate cancer survivors in my family.

My Mother from breast 6 1/2 years.
My Father from colon -diagnosed 16 years ago.
My Sister and her recent thyroid issues.

I' ve lost my Grandfather, my Grandmothers, my step-Dad, My Godmother.

There just are very few people that haven't been touched by cancer on some level.

It is with great hope that I some day see some type of treatment or cure. Maybe it comes in Casey's lifetime and that too, would be a great blessing.

I have recently signed up to participate in the American Cancer Society Walk & Roll Chicago. I considered just the Breast Cancer walk but it goes beyond just breast cancer. I don't just walk for the women of my life, I walk for everyone because they all need cures.

I have committed to raise funds for the American Cancer Society in their efforts of eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy and service.

I would appreciate it if you could sponsor me in this great endeavor. My goal is to raise as much money as possible for the event and I hope that you will help.

You can go to my personal page (see link below) and donate directly with a debit/credit card. I am also collecting checks written to the American Cancer Society and cash. If you wish to donate privately you can email me at amorrison73 at gmail dot com

Casey and I will be walking with my family "Team Butler" on what I hope is a lovely, glorious, sunny May day in Chicago. As I walk I will think of those I have lost and smile knowing how much I miss them but I will also smile and think of all those we can try and save through the money raised during this campaign.

Thank you for considering sponsoring me as I join the fight against cancer as a Walk & Roll Chicago participant.

Click here to visit my personal page.If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://www.walkroll.org/site/TR?px=1239701&pg=personal&fr_id=1050&s_tafId=7000

Click here to view the team page for Team ButlerIf the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://www.walkroll.org/site/TR?team_id=9910&pg=team&fr_id=1050&s_tafId=7000

8 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

You got it dude.

Thank YOU for doing this.

March 30, 2007 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

What a great charity and event. Glad I could help out.

March 30, 2007 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger M said...

Consider it done honey bun. Well, as soon as I find the debit card (damn thing won't let me use a check! gah!) It's not much but I hope it helps. Definitely a cause I can believe in and someone I want to back. You can't lose contributing to something like that. xoxo

March 30, 2007 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeay for you. Saw the ads for this last week while there.

I plan to donate. K?

March 30, 2007 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

So far this is time #9 I wish we'd kept our US account active.

What a great thing to do. You're so inspiring to people like me who have trouble knowing what to do...how to help...

March 30, 2007 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's awesome that you're doing this. Morgan and I are doing the March of Dimes walk at the end of April and I'm excited about it.

Speaking of...I have NOT forgotten to donate in honor of Casey. I know it's been a while since you sent me the info, but this month has been INSANE...I'm going to get around to it this week, I PROMISE :)

March 31, 2007 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

I think it's awesome that you are doing this, and I wish I could be there to walk with you as cancer has affected my life in many ways too.....you totally nailed that one on the head.

Good luck, I'm off to check out your personal page!~

April 2, 2007 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Dawn~a~Bon said...

Hey darling, I put your name down as someone I'm remembering in our Relay for Life (That Chick and I are doing it through her work). I had three people on my sheet - my boss who's cancer-free now, you who I have every confidence will be soon, and my friend Kristal who lost her battle at only 23.

April 6, 2007 at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home