Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

4/12/07

Random Ramblings, Questions, Answers

Ok first I'll answer the questions from Ask Angie.

Rachel Asks

What makes you think you are losing readers? Maybe I'm not "losing" readers..but my comments seem to be way down and they weren't all that "up" to begin with. I don't know it just feels that way recently. I know people get busy and don't catch up all the time...I'm just in a funk I think and having a mini-pity party. Don't mind me.

How different is it for you to raise Casey compared to Kyle?

About 1/2 and 1/2 ya know. For one thing I'm not a first time Mom. So I don't freak out over every fall or question my judgement if she goes to bed without a bath once in a while like I did when Kyle was a toddler. At the same time, every illness seems worse because of her preemie status. Also, the boy vs. girl factor. The two BIGGEST factors....in my opinion? First thing is baby products and all the cool shit out there now they didn't even have 12-14 years ago...just BAFFLES me. I mean when Kyle was born there weren't even baby registries yet..and hence I got FOUR of the exact same mobile for his nursery and had to return them. The second biggest factor...having a husband. I'm not doing it alone. I did it all alone with Kyle. First smile, first tooth, first words, first step..no one was there to share in that joy with me...now I have Jeff. To me, they are each special because with Kyle..it was just the two of us..and I didn't have to share anything with anyone..but I also had no one to share the work. With Casey..I have those "family" memories I never thought I'd have. 2 very different experiences but each incredible in their own right.


Amy W asks
Favorite Disney Princess and why...
Hmmmm..that's a good one. Sleeping Beauty maybe...I mean what better gig than being a princess that is beautiful and SLEEPING (I'd give up my entire kingdom for 6 straight hours of uninterrupted sleep)...only to be woken up with a kiss from a handsome prince. You can't write that kind of stuff..ya know? THAT is a real FAIRY TALE.


Kimberly asks
How wonderful do you think I am?
I think you are FANTABULOUS. I still haven't read through some of your archives..but starting Monday, I'll have plenty of time on my hands to do that. Then I'll think you're extra fabu...just watch.

How do you feel about pickles?
Pickles are a food group in my house. Mostly because hubby, Kyle and I feel the same way about them. Can't LIVE without them. We'll go through those large industrial sized jars in about 10 days because we'd eat them everyday if we had them.

What's your favourite form of chocolate? I like white chocolate but in small doses. I like dark chocolate too..but my favorite form...is chocolate with peanut butter. Although I have been refraining (even with all the Easter candy) because I'm doing Weight Watchers.

So there it is...now my next thing is a cry for help. I have bought some things from ebay and most recently a dollar store for Casey's room. The butterflies I bought at the dollar store are resin. The flowers and turtles are ceramic bisque. Does anyone "crafty" know what type of paints would be best for these materials? Do I need to do a clear coat after I've painted as a "seal"? Can anyone help me out..otherwise I'll have to go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby and I just know...I'll never find anyone as fabulous there to help me as My G-Homie probably was to her customers. (Did I mention I'm going to see her in May..yep. She has a long layover and Casey and I are going to hang out with her at the airport for a few hours---can't wait!)

Here is what I got:



  • Lastly, today is kinda freaky. It is probably my last full day at work and all I 'll think about is whether they'll screw up my severance deposit on April 30th. It keeps hanging over me like a dark cloud with the occasional clap of thunder to remind me it's still a storm.
  • I'm tired and when I get tired and really stressed my eye twitches. It's been twitching consistently since yesterday morning. Today isn't looking any better. The good news is...it's ALMOST over.
  • My daughter can say her last name now..which is quite awesome because it's 3 syllables. She's going to be a talker like her Mom.
  • I had a disturbingly honest conversation with my son about his "sex" life..that I think I'll blog about next week..AFTER I've bleached my brain.
  • I actually got on a scale last night and I'm frightened. It's time to get serious about this.
  • My cable went in and out so much last night I think I saw 30 minutes of LOST. So I'm a bit irritated..I got the gist of the show..but you just know I missed a bunch of stuff.

And that's it..I'm gonna stop now..but if anyone can help me out with that paint question...that would be AWESOME.

8 Comments:

Blogger frannie said...

sex talk with you kid???? how are you even funtioning today.

can't talk about the rest of the post- I'm too numb...

April 12, 2007 at 5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm HERE!!! I haven't been commenting much....not because I don't love you as much as I love Target...my brain is crap.

Paint? Yeah, I'm SO not crafty. So, ummm....get some markers and let Casey be an artist??

April 12, 2007 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger CPA Mom said...

Sex talk? I can barely wrap my mind around that. Is he even a teenager yet? Now I'm frightened.

Have you tried fried pickles? I hear they are good.

I've not gotten on the scale in weeks. Too scared.

April 12, 2007 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

Sex talk? With the child? Oh my. I know that there's no way around it, but I'm glad I still have a few years.

I'm not sure about your crafty turtle. Maybe call a crafts store. Or ask Gena! She's super crafty, I bet she'd know.

April 12, 2007 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Can't help you with the paint, sorry!

OMG, sex talk? I DREAD that talk with my kids!

Also, my eye has been twitching all damn week, so I feel your pain.

April 12, 2007 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

I would recommend painting the bisque animals (SO FREAKIN' CUTE!) with acrylic art paints. You can get a gazillion colors at any art store. Then, I would definitely recommend a clear coat over the top for longevity of the paint. Otherwise, the acrylic might chip over time.

Most of the acrylic brands make a clear topcoat product. For example, if you get Delta Ceramcoat paint, I can almost guarantee there will be Delta Ceramcoat clear sealant product in the same aisle. Don't be afraid to ask the craft store people for help, either...that's their job! ;)

April 12, 2007 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

So with you on the twitching eye...I get a serious bad one sometimes that people can see practically from across the room. Tres embarrassing!

That dark cloud just sucks, because time is the only cure in this case, isn't it? Nothing is going to stop you from worrying about things going wrong except things going right. Yuck!

April 12, 2007 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Oh yes, the sex talk. Fun, isn't it? I have always told Sis that I would honestly answer any question she has. I told her her friends know nothing and she should come to me if she has ANY questions.

So why was I so suprised when she asked me what a blow job is?

I almost swallowed my tongue just so I wouldn't have to answer!

April 12, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home