Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

4/3/07

Why is it called a "PINK" slip?

re Clearly none of the pieces of paper in my "layoff package" were pink. I'm sure it originated somewhere YEARS ago. (HEY- CONTEST idea---I'll send a cute little prize to the first person that researches the origin of "the PINK slip".)

Well regardless, I got my official notice and package of information on Friday. My last day at work is April 13th. From there I collect a short and crappy severance package before I can start collecting unemployment. The good news is that if I'm right....I'll put more money into my checking account staying home than I was working. (The high price of daycare, who knew?)

Yesterday I spent the day with my boss basically over my shoulder asking "Well what's that pile? What's that? Why do you have a picture of a "CLUE BAT" at your desk?" making notes and piles and lists of things I do so my co-worker can take over after I leave. So I was absent in the blog world.

However, I'm happy to report I'm here today and will read and catch up on everyone shortly.

Other interesting tidbits:

  • I'm planning a trip to see That Chick and another good friend of mine in Tennessee in June.
  • CPA Mom has just about talked me into attending the BLOGHER conference. Even though it's the weekend I was considering MOVING (talk about putting too much on your plate) I really think a couple of trips during my "time off" is just what I need. I never take enough time for myself..and after the year I've had...well I think I deserve it. Plus this trip is not very far from home.
  • My husband's promotion was announced to his team today. Pretty excited about that pay raise that will take effect 5/1.
  • My son's baseball schedule came home last night and I got to tell you; I'm tired just reading it. 36 games in 10 weeks. That's ONLY for ONE team. When I add in his other 20-24 games for the other team...I'm going to be very happy I'm not working.
  • My dear friend, Kate, sent me a post card joke that I received last night. She's been sending them to me for weeks to keep my spirits up during this tough time. Last night was the ONE particular time I let Kyle get the mail from the box. On this postcard was a joke that goes something like this:

A man walks into a bar. Bartender says "You look awful guy, what's wrong?"

"Well I was so drunk last night I blew chunks."

Bartender says "Don't worry buddy lots of people get sick after they've had too much to drink.

Guys says..."Yeah, but Chunks is my DOG!"

My poor son may never be the same again....

13 Comments:

Blogger Amy W said...

The baseball schedule? That is a full time job!

Amazing how much daycare costs...

And I know, I still owe you pics...

April 3, 2007 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Well that joke got a chuckle out of me! Too funny...

I'm with you on the daycare costs, it kills the bank account.

And BlogHer? Man, I wish I could join you guys....you are going to have a blast.

April 3, 2007 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Is it wrong to hope all my kids will be nerds? =P

So excited you get to meet That Chick!

April 3, 2007 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

From funtrivia.com: "The 'pink slip' has come a long way from when Henry Ford dreamed up a way to evaluate his assembly line employees. Each worker had a cubbyhole where at the end of the workday, a manager would place a piece of colored paper. A white piece of paper meant their work was acceptable, a pink one meant the boot."

And yes, paying daycare blows - but doesn't blow chunks! : )

April 3, 2007 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I can't wait until you get here!!!!

*squeals like a girl*

April 3, 2007 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That joke was funny. You are going to be at Blogher? Oh how cool. When's registration? I'm DYING to know cause I want to go too!

April 3, 2007 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger M said...

I am so painfully jealous of the tripage you have planned.

And so exceptionally happy to see good things for the husband folk, good trips for you, and this not so pink slip happening right now.

xoxo

April 3, 2007 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Gerbil said...

I just snorted Gatorade Rain through my nose and now I must blame Kate.

April 3, 2007 at 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired hearing of the baseball schedule...let alone having to DO the baseball schedule!!

The postcard joke? Got me to laugh. Thanks :)

Glad you're going to visit Chick. You should swing into New York and see me :) 180 seconds from Target...190 with traffic!

April 4, 2007 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

That joke is awesome.

Knowing that you're going to be at BlogHer makes me feel even more lame for not going. I suck.

I want to be in TN with you and That Chick and Dawnabon SO BAD IT HURTS.

And...I heart you!! xoxo

April 4, 2007 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I would have loved to have gone to Blogher. But my passport expired and I can't find my birth certificate. Oh, and I'm poor. But I bet I could have swung it had I prepared properly.

April 4, 2007 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I would love to go to Blogher, but I'm like Emma...poor! Lol! also, I'm just on the other side of Tennessee, so you guys could take a daytrip if you wanna! Ok, so maybe it would take a little longer, but whatever.

April 5, 2007 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Dawn~a~Bon said...

He doesn't get the clue bat - LOL! He might GET the clue bat though if he isn't careful!

April 6, 2007 at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home