Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/9/07

Am I NOT a Mother?

Honestly really truly...please tell me if I'm nuts...

I get "What are we doing for Mother's Day for Mom, for Mary, for MY Mom?" from my sisters and my husband....

Has it slipped every one's mind that I MYSELF am a Mother?

If 28 hours of natural labor with only a 1/4 dose of Demerol to squeeze out a 7 lb 14 oz 21 1/2 inch long baby Kyle didn't qualify me...then SURELY having an emergency c-section and losing my eyesight with Casey has to at least get me on the list...right?

Then WHY is it..that I'm to run all over town finding just the right gifts for my Mom, my step-Mom and Jeff's Mom...then on Mother's Day to see my Mom and my Step Mom. Do I not get a day to myself? Do I not get a day to enjoy my children?

I'm not complaining to the hilt about it...I mean...I want to honor all the Mother's in my life (especially while they are here cuz LORD knows I'd give anything to cater to my Grandmother again--how I miss her) ..but I would just like the same courtesy. EVERY YEAR we're expected to run around on Mother's day doing the visits....not "How about this year we do brunch ON Mother's day and next year we'll get together the weekend before or after Mother's day?"

Just ONE Mother's day I'd like to be woken up with burnt breakfast in bed by my kids, get to relax over coffee and have the day to myself to read or take a nap...rather than having to be the first one up to pack the car and rally the troops out of bed to get ready and head out at 10am only to return home at 7pm....just ONCE.

This year...my sister-in-law put the ball in motion by saying she had to work a 1/2 day on Mother's Day and when she gets off she wants to go home to her kids..and I jumped right on it and finally gave my opinion about it to my Mom and my sister. "I agree. I would LOVE to do nothing on ACTUAL Mother's Day, just once."

So instead of our normal running all day...Saturday afternoon we're having lunch at my Mom's house and then all going to Kyle's baseball game that night at 5pm. So on Mother's day...I told Jeff..."I want to go out for breakfast..and at some point..I want you and Kyle to take Casey for a walk and I want to nap. That's what I want for Mother's day."

Score one for the low man on the totem pole.

11 Comments:

Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Good for you! All I want for Mother's Day is a house I didn't have to clean. Will it happen? Not a chance!

May 9, 2007 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I want nothing for Mother's Day except to have a day OFF.

May 9, 2007 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I asked for a nap for Mother's Day as well.

He bought me rose bushes last night.

Sweet but...I hope I still get my nap.

Good for you for having the guts to say what you actually want!

May 9, 2007 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

it's my first mother's day as a mom, and I already feel that way....

May 9, 2007 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Good for you!! I hope this Mother's Day is one of your best!

May 9, 2007 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

A-Men Sister!!

I NEED a day off. I hate all the running around going nuts.

I want a nap and pizza and icecream. In that order. I am saving all of my flex points just for that.

May 9, 2007 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I put my foot down this year - said I wanted Mother's Day to myself - not trying to squeeze in visits with my mom and my MIL. We will have dinner with them Sat so I can relax on Sunday!

May 9, 2007 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger M said...

I'm glad you're getting mother's day for YOU.

I'm pretty sure you earned it and then some.

xoxo

May 9, 2007 at 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you and you're SO right. I'm liking the game plan you have for Mother's Day...may implement one like it for myself!!

May 10, 2007 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Like most others that have commented, I say "AMEN" to that.

I have no idea what to expect for Mother's Day this year to be honest, but I really, really, really could use a day off.

Especially after the week I've had....

I guess we'll see what happens. I hope your Mother's Day is like you wish it to be :)

May 10, 2007 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger CPA Mom said...

Yeah for you Angie! I want to go nowhere and do nothing myself. I asked HP for alone time. I may do some scrapbooking...I hope. A nap, that would be the best.

May 11, 2007 at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home