Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/4/07

Greetings from the "Other Side"

Yes...live and back in action...(sort of)

Apparently a very nasty ear infection that started just over a week ago has kept me feeling pretty out of it. My right ear is still completely plugged up and it makes me dizzy and when I'm not dizzy my meds make me drowsy. I've been pretty flat on my back doing just enough to survive and keep the house from falling down around me for the last week or so. I will read up on every one's blogs later today, promise.

In the meantime....

  • I was screwed around for 3 days but I did FINALLY receive my severance so things are no longer "tight" and my checkbook is not in REAL danger of bouncing across the street.
  • I made my first "call in" to unemployment and am currently awaiting my first check. Hopefully things will go smoother with that than my severance because if I have to actually GO INTO the unemployment office...I'm gonna end up on the 10 o'clock news.
  • Jeff started at his new store with his promotion on Monday (so we're looking forward to his first check with the big pay raise on it.) Not that it's enough to keep me home permanently but every little bit does help.
  • Jeff and my Dad agreed to coach one of Kyle's baseball teams..so guess who is Team BIOTCH (cuz Team Mom doesn't seem like the right title with all the work I have to do)
  • I took Kyle shopping for his ceremony and graduation dance clothes. He finally decided on nice black slip-on shoes, black pants, a white dress shirt, a purple and black thin striped tie and a black vest. He looks so grown up I can barely stand it. Prices weren't as bad as I thought but did I put that money back into the "budget"? LORDY NO... instead bought him another pair of gym shoes (which he needed anyway).
  • On his way up the stairs from church last night he fell up and slammed his ankle against the wall...if that damn landlord doesn't fix the light in the hallway, I swear....so I'm currently waiting for him to get out of bed and see if I have to take him for an x-ray. He hurt it pretty bad. I'm fairly certain he didn't break anything but it could be fractured...so I may get to spend my day at the hospital.
  • I'm starting to feel better now that I've started the antibiotics but I'm really ready to be able to hear from my right ear...because hearing yourself hiccup, swallow, burp and breathe..just ain't normal.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been feeling like crap...ear infections suck!!

Hope Kyle's alright..it'd be much better to spend the day in Target than in the hospital :)

May 4, 2007 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger Gerbil said...

Yikes. I hope Kyle's ankle is ok, that is the last thing you guys need!

Ugh. I haven't had an ear infection in forever, but the memory lingers. NOT fun. I hope you feel better.

And... Team Biotch. BWAH hah.

May 4, 2007 at 5:58 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

I hope that you and Kyle are soon on the mend and all better!

and I hope it doesn't hurt his baseball season!

May 4, 2007 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Glad to see you back! Yuck! Ear infections are nobody's friend! I hope it gets better soon.

That sucks about Kyle, I really hope there is no major damage! Can't wait to see pics of him in his grad clothes!

May 4, 2007 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oi, what a mix of stuff to be dealing with! Ear infections are so surreal, aren't they? Kinda feel like you're floating along underwater or something. Bleh! Hope it clears up soon. ~hugs~

May 4, 2007 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Lordy, I have missed you!

I am glad to hear the severance got sorted out...I hope Kyle's ankle is okay, and congrats to Jeff!

xoxoxo

May 4, 2007 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

I was wondering where you were, just figured busy like the rest of us - but sick! I didn't even think of that. I hope you get better soon! And Kyle too!

May 4, 2007 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Glad to see you back! I was wondering what had happened. Hope Kyle and you are both alright.

May 5, 2007 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger CPA Mom said...

I've been MIA too with HP's surgery, complications, ER visit by ambulance....good times, good times.

I feel you on the ear. I lost count of my ear infections around 100...I have a permanent hole in one ear drum and that is Freaky hearing the air come out each time I blow my nose. Even HP can hear it.

Hope Kyle is o.k. Keep us posted!

May 7, 2007 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

I hope you are doing better...ear infections suck...

Keep us updated on Kyle's ankle!

May 7, 2007 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Team BIOTCH. Love it.

P.S. I tagged you for the Seven Random Things Meme.

May 8, 2007 at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home