Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/30/07

Pomp and Circumstances

Sorry for the interruption of the regularly scheduled program.

I had every intention of blogging on Friday before I went out of town..and things just got away from me.

Friday night at 8pm CST we left to go up North to the UP to see Jeff's family. We arrived at 3am CST and 4am local time.

Circumstances beyond my control left me with the following:

  • Jeff's nephew is HIGH FREAKING MAINTENANCE and because of this...
  • Jeff's sister is HIGH STRUNG the entire time and reminds me "Just how lucky" I am to have a child that isn't high maintenance....all while huffing and puffing around me and Casey.
  • Jeff and his Dad had a running argument all weekend...ready? Per Jeff's Dad...anyone that buys bottled water is a dumbass and you don't need power windows in your car.
  • We drove 8 hours to be exhausted and see the actual graduate for 20 minutes.
  • At some point my digital camera died.
  • Our normal 8 hour drive home...ended up taking almost 9 because Casey started full out crying about 2 hours from home and we had to get out of the vehicle when she'd been crying for nearly 45 minutes STRAIGHT. She then cried another 25 standing in a parking lot of McDonald's. We finally managed to bride her with ice cream and she ran around for 20 minutes and then we managed to get her back in the car and finish the last 2 hours of the trip. What is the first thing out of Jeff's Mom's mouth when we call to tell her we are almost home???? "Well if you made the trip MORE OFTEN she'd be more used to the drive." ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Twice a year is twice too many.

So because of this.....I had a super duper clingy child all day Tuesday but we did manage to get to Best Buy to get a new Sony Cybershot for only $65 out of my pocket (thank you for saving gift cards from Christmas and birthdays).

WHY do I need a new camera?

Because TONIGHT is son's 8th grade graduation. My baby is graduating tonight.

So basically my day consists of ironing 10 items for the family, charging the battery and running somewhere to get him black dress socks and tissue for the ceremony.

Lord knows I'm gonna need it.

15 Comments:

Blogger CPA Mom said...

um, yeah, that's not exactly logical. No two year old is going to get "used to" driving 8/9 hours straight. And I love my bottled water and power windows, thanks much.

Can't wait to see the graduation pictures!

May 30, 2007 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You show me a two year old that "gets used to" a long drive like that and I'll show that person my ass. Well, not really :)

I, too, love my bottled water AND my power windows. Seriously? They argued over THAT??!!

Can't wait to see pics from graduation!!

May 30, 2007 at 7:06 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

No kid would get used to being in a car that long, heck I don't like being in a car that long!

I can't wait to see the pics either!!

May 30, 2007 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I love my bottled water and power windows too!

Congrats Kyle!! :)

May 30, 2007 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I wouldn't sit in a car for 8 hours and I'm in my 30s.

Congrats to Kyle on the graduation! Have fun tonight.

May 30, 2007 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oi, you must be so exhausted! And straight from that to something as big as graduation? Wow. ~hugs~

May 30, 2007 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

oh my! what a horrendous trip! I don't think I would ever go again!

congrats on Kyle graduating!

my son hates the car- he cries until he makes himself throw up- please ask you MIL if she has any tips for me.

I am totally kidding.

you probably aren't ready to laugh about this yet, no?

May 30, 2007 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Congratulations Kyle!!!

May 30, 2007 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Why would anyone bother to argue about bottled water and power windows? Poor Jeff!

OMG, Kyle is graduating!!! I know there will be much crying. But, at least you know that while he may be growing up, he is turning into a wonderful young man. Can't wait for pics!

May 31, 2007 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Alpha Dude said...

I like my bottled water because I can take it anywhere and it doesn't mess things up when I knock it over. ;)
Power windows are cool. Didn't know that until I got them.

Congrats to Kyle.
Congrats to you and Jeff too.

(By the way, when the little one is 16, she'll spend as much time in the car as she can, as long as she can drive.)

Glad you all made it home okay.

Blessings.

May 31, 2007 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

You poor thing...this reminds me of a trip we made from VA to NC last May with my two boys - it was HELL. HELL I said.

Can't wait to see the pictures, congratulations to Kyle!

May 31, 2007 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger M said...

hope you gave my future dil lots of bday kisses.

miss you

June 4, 2007 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Congrats to Kyle! I cannot believe he's graduating already. :D

June 4, 2007 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You gotta love comments like "...if you made the trip more often..." Yeah, right. I think I'll also take up hammering bamboo shoots into the backs of my hands with a rusty mallet.

June 4, 2007 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

Hope you're okay! Haven't heard from you in a while...

June 13, 2007 at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home