Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/22/07

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Ok..sorry I was MIA yesterday. Dealing with stuff for graduation/graduation dance at school/graduation party and doctor stuff for my entire family.

So onto dishing the dirt.

How did I meet my ex? I met my ex-husband in a bar...that should have been my first red flag. He was talking to a friend of mine and when I asked him his name he said he didn't have one. So I said "Well then I'll just call you dickhead." He told me later that he liked that I was spunky and sassy that way. We ended up talking the rest of the night alone in a booth in the corner of the bar and when the bar closed down at 4am we went out to breakfast. Even though he is complete and total tool, I still remember the excitement I had the night we met. That anxious nervousness of meeting someone new that you really liked and just silently hoped and prayed that when you gave him your number...he actually used it.

Names- Middle names

Jeffrey James (Jeff's Middle name is his Dad's first name)
Angela Marie (Marie is after my paternal Grandmother, Marion)
Kyle Eric (Eric is a very dear friend of mine that offered to marry me when I got pregnant at 19 with Kyle-I turned him down of course but I thought I would honor him anyway)
Casey June (June is Jeff's Maternal Grandmother)
**Score EMMA for knowing it's June

What do I know or understand now that I didn't with my first child? That's easy. That it'll all turn out ok. No matter how much I worry. No matter what doesn't get done around the house, no matter how broke I am....it WILL all be ok. I know NOW that I'm a good Mom despite what guilty feelings I get about whatever I'm feeling. I need to give myself a break and not be so hard on myself.

My favorite indulgence- a pedicure.

What makes for a wonderful day? Getting a nap. Crossing at least 2 things off my "to do" list and making an nice dinner.

What is my secret to getting through my insane life without going crazy? I never said I wasn't a "little" nuts..cuz I am. But how I got through it when I was working. CROCKPOT, meal plans and a color coded excel spreadsheet with all of 70 of his baseball games on there so I knew if they were inhouse or travel games and were they home or away games. It was the best way to be sure I had the right uniform clean at the right time. NOW that I'm not working...I make dinner at 10 or 11am when Casey naps and basically do a load of laundry everyday. Usually it's his uniform from the night before and towels or other dark clothes. This way I know...both his different uniforms are always clean. OH..and I've left a clean juice cup, pack of diapers, wipes and snacks in the minivan at all times. This way all I have to pack in the diaper bag is an extra change of clothes, her blanket and her pacifier. If I forget anything else...it's in the van when I pull away.

What does an average week of dinner's--- Cost or what are they?

I'll show last week since we're out of town this weekend and my menu plan is short.

Monday- Tuna/pasta dish with mixed veggies and fat free ranch dressing about $12
Tues- Busy day chicken - chicken, cream of mushroom soup, rice and veggie medley mix in the crockpot about $11
Wed- It's like a shepherd's pie. It's basically meatloaf with mashed potatoes and peas on top. Again---around $12
Thurs-is always sandwich night. Last week was ham & cheese with Sunchips about $14 (but the bread and sunchips also go to lunches for Kyle and Jeff too)
Fri- was ham, corn, potato,cheese crockpot casserole about $8.50
Sat- We had a coupon for a XL pizza in town for $15 with 2 toppings vs $21 normally.
Sun- Mustard potatoes pork casserole with veggies on the side about $14

So if I underestimated a little because of ingredients needed..an average week of DINNERS is about $100. I spend about $200-250 twice a month plus another $100 on other produce/milk/bread runs in between. Plus another $100-175 at Walmart & Sams on toiletries, detergents, diapers, wipes, etc.

Favorite Food of each family member:

Casey - right now it's Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers---or cheese
Kyle- ANY kind of fruit or Mexican Food
Jeff- Bananas or Mexican Food
Me- Chips and Salsa and bread...I can't live without bread

My favorite breakfast food: I'm a muffin person. I'll bake my weight watcher muffin recipes and freeze them. Usually I have a 2 or 3pt muffin and a piece of fruit everyday. Favorite food indulgence when we go out. EGGS BENEDICT. OH my word...

Onto questions about Jeff:

Boxers/briefs/commando:

Uh...Jeff wears the Hanes Boxer Briefs....he likes them better than regular boxers cuz they keep the boys close without getting the CLOSENESS of briefs.

Color Eyes?
He has the prettiest bright blue eyes I've ever seen.

My favorite feature or personality trait about him:

I just adore that he can make me laugh at just about anything. I love that he can talk to ANYONE. He really can. He's met people that are just your average Joe kind of people all the way to people that make UPPER six figure salaries..and it just doesn't phase him. He's definitely a people person.

His favorite sport?

I'm pretty sure it's football. He loves pretty much most sports, baseball, basketball, football. But I think football is his favorite.

There ya go...

10 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I knew June too, but well, you know. :)

You will be HERE in 4 weeks!!!

May 22, 2007 at 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you dish it, you DISH it!! How fun...always cool getting to "know" someone a bit more :)

May 22, 2007 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That was great! I'm always tempted to do one, but I'm afraid no one would ask questions!

May 22, 2007 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger M said...

WOOT! I love it.

Can I pipe in I KNEW JUNE TOO just to sound dorky. :)

I had no idea about the ex question. Or Kyle's middle name reasoning.

And now I want a muffin. Come visit me next and we'll have muffins for breakfast! YUM!

May 22, 2007 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

Chick and M "knew me" when...

When that awful day came that I posted on our MSN board

Casey June Born June 3rd 2lbs 11oz

I'm sure June will forever be stuck in their minds.

These 2 extraordinary women....helped get me through the longest, darkest 38 days of my life and I LOVE them for that.

May 22, 2007 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

I liked reading this- a very good idea!

May 22, 2007 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Can I get the ham recipe?

May 22, 2007 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Sorry, food seems to be my focus these days...

May 22, 2007 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Um, can you email me some of those receipes?? They sounds yummy and easy!

May 23, 2007 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Wow lady, you are organized! And I thought this was great. It's always nice to get to know one another!

May 29, 2007 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home