Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/15/07

When the phone rings

  • When the phone rings at 8:50 am you know it isn't going to be good...
  • When the phone rings and it's not your son's school with a problem you know it isn't going to be good...
  • When the phone rings and it's not a telemarketer you know it isn't going to be good...
  • When the phone rings and it's not your Mom calling to chat away her ride to work you know it isn't going to be good...

However, when the phone rings at 8:50 am the last thing you expect to hear is your Father telling you that your uncle, his brother is dead.

My Uncle Mark, age 51 or 52 died of a diabetic complication sometime in the last 2 days at his home. His current girlfriend alerted police after he didn't answer his phone for just over a day. My Dad was told by the police that he was gone after they'd arrived and found his body.

My Dad is currently at his brother's home waiting for the crematorium to pick up his body and going through his things.

My Uncle has had severe diabetes for as long as I can remember. From what the girlfriend says he wasn't taking care of himself because he was sick on average, twice a week. He hated being restricted on what and when he could eat. He hated giving up alcohol and only stopped drinking about a year ago.

Rest in peace Uncle Mark. Hopefully you're in a place where you can eat, drink and be happy.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how horribly sad!! I'm sorry for your family's loss. I'll be thinking of you and your family during this time!!

May 15, 2007 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry.

May 15, 2007 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

The poor guy. I love the hope you have for him.

May 15, 2007 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger CPA Mom said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news Angie. Were you close to him? It must be awful for your whole family. You will be in my prayers.

May 15, 2007 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Amy W said...

I am so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers also.

May 15, 2007 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss :(

May 15, 2007 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Oh, honey, I am so sorry about your uncle. How sad that he didn't want to take better care of himself. My father-in-law doesn't take care of himself either and he will probably not live to see my kids grow up and that's so sad.

May 15, 2007 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger frannie said...

I am so sorry. I am thinking about you and your family today.

May 15, 2007 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

So sorry about your Uncle! Such a horrible thing to happen!

May 15, 2007 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I'm so sorry.

May 15, 2007 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your family.

May 15, 2007 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger alissa said...

I'm so sorry for you & your family...

May 16, 2007 at 4:38 AM  
Blogger Alexis Jacobs said...

I am so sorry ((hugs))

May 16, 2007 at 5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home