Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/10/07

The rest will just have to wait

It's no secret that my life has been "eventful" over the last couple of months with Jeff working more hours, losing my job, preparing for the move and the medical situation.

Just when it felt like I might be able to come up for air I got a call from my Mom.

She ALSO has nodules on her thyroid. Now of course it wasn't enough that Kelly just had to go through the needle aspirations, CAT scans, body scans, surgery, feeling like crap after having to go off her synthroid....but now..it looks as though my Mom could be headed down the same path. Ironic? Not really..she's had thyroid problems almost 18 years and she's already been a cancer survivor almost 7 years...so the doctors are concerned.

As I stared around my filthy house that's been neglected for the last week while I was sick...I began to get that "adrenaline/angry I'm gonna clean til I'm exhausted" urge...15 minutes in Casey came over and said "Snuggle Mommy". I sat down and she crawled up on my lap.....

We then spent the next hour reading three books, singing every nurse rhyme she knows by heart, counting her fingers and toes, counting my fingers and toes and watching an episode of Caillou..all while she never left my lap.

As I held my little girl I started to think "I have to get that load of laundry in, I have to call the caterer for the party, I have to order that gift card.." and then it hit me..."Whatever ... it will just have to wait."

13 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Now THAT's what I'm talking about. There isn't anything better than cuddle time with your kids.

May 10, 2007 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That's an awful lot for one person to have to deal with.

But there really is nothing better than a bit of quality time with a toddler. Life in perspective.

May 10, 2007 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Sometimes you just have to say, to hell with cleaning, I'm just gonna sit here and play!

Snuggle time is just so hard to come by when they get older, you have to grab every opportunity!

May 10, 2007 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

what could be more important? and soothing to your soul at the same time.

May 10, 2007 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

All that crap can wait.

I'm so sorry you have it all to deal with. Soon you'll be here and we'll have fun and not worry about anything for a week!

May 10, 2007 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger M said...

It's strange. We're supposed to be there for them but I'm pretty sure the best part of having kids is the amazing way they can be there for YOU when you need it.

xoxo. you know you've got my prayers as does your mom.

Thank goodness for Miss Casey (I'm HOPING to get her bday gift out in time because WOW will she be 2 far sooner than I realized!)

May 10, 2007 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

I wish I could come clean your house for you so that you can have more "snuggle, Mommy" time without worrying about the state of the house.

I'm keeping you guys in my prayers. I'm so sorry about your mom. ***HUGS***

May 10, 2007 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Sorry there's so much yeuchy stuff going on. But on the flip side I'm seriously happy for you. 'Cause you got a glimpse of what really matters, and you went for it. I think we all get those glimspes fairly often, but sometimes we're too self-absorbed to catch on.

What a good mommy you are. =)

May 10, 2007 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Amy W said...

You definitely have the right mind set. Everything else can wait.

You family and your mom will be in my prayers...

May 10, 2007 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Let it wait.

I can say that to you even though I think the same things!

Praying for your mom now too.

May 10, 2007 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

I agree with you 100%! Everything else can wait, but your kids? Too precious to put on hold.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

May 10, 2007 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever the snuggle mood strikes, Morgan, within 10 minutes I start thinking of all the things to do. I force myself to stop, to enjoy the time with her...

Good for you--I like your motto :)

May 11, 2007 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger CPA Mom said...

Your mother will be in my prayers. How is Kelly doing?

May 11, 2007 at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home