Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/17/07

Stage Fright

I'm sitting here killing time before I have to get in the shower.

See today...I'm going to a real live "Day Spa" where I get to go and tell another new girl ..how my under chin is full of scary, wire like hairs and how they need to come out. I'm not paying $40 for my face to be done only to have to go home again and get out my OWN tweezers.

If you can't do a decent job...then I'll find someone else.

This is the second place I'm trying since getting laid off. I tried another lady twice. She didn't cut it.

Jeff and I happened to be walking through a little courtyard after a nice dinner out last week when I realized there was a cute upscale day spa near our house. So I made an appointment.

I'm so intimidated by these places..where all the girls have perfect makeup, perfect clothes, perfect hair. I have no fingernails I bite them..terribly bad. My clothes..well...they leave a little to be desired and my hair..personally done bottle job.

If all that isn't bad enough..my feet...basically are FLINTSTONE FEET. They need help. Now they only had a pedicure about 3 weeks ago so they aren't GOD awful..but they need some work too.

I just hate sitting there feeling so self-conscious.

I have an 11am pedicure and a noon facial waxing appointment.

Hopefully I like what they do and don't feel to chicken to go back.

When did I suddenly turn back into a overly insecure 8th grader?

8 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I get that way whenever I have to do "girl" stuff.

I should just turn in my girl card now.

May 17, 2007 at 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same. Girl places freak me out--I have some seriously low self-esteem and always think they're all snickering behind my back at how hideous I am. So, I don't go. I get my hair cut every 5 weeks and that's it. The rest? I do at home. Hmmmm...maybe that's why I'm so hideous??

Regardless---enjoy it. You're beautiful and they'll see that.

May 17, 2007 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Ditto ditto ditto!

Neil gave me a gift certificate for the local spa. For Christmas. And I've been too chicken to make an appointment. For all the exact same reasons you listed.

And I don't want to go alone.

May 17, 2007 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger CPA Mom said...

I'm the same very every single time I go into one of those places. Seriously, where do they find those girls? I have a massage g.c. from my mom from CHRISTMAS I've not used yet, I'm so self conscious about letting someone see my fat rolls.

May 17, 2007 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

You are so not alone. My brother got me a gc to a really nice place. He wanted me to get a full body massage and since I refuse to have anyone go anywhere near my fat arse self I just had a hair cut. And staring in the mirror, I was sure they were designed to make you look as ugly as sin pre cut and good post cut.

May 17, 2007 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger frannie said...

I'm so insecure-- I feel you. I hate those places. I always feel like a total tool.

May 18, 2007 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

How's this for insecure! I have a gift card to a day spa. My boss got it for me for Christmas in 2005! I still haven't used it!

May 18, 2007 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

I'm totally this way too! And well, I just don't go.

Oh my, how sad am I?

May 29, 2007 at 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home