Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/12/08

Sanity Is a Luxury

My world has been a crazy place this last year.

This last week I've realized all the little things I missed. All the little things I took for granted before I got sick.

Things like taking my daughter to play group and having her get so excited to see me when I pick her up like she hasn't seen me in days.

Things like taking her for a "birthday meal" (because she hears me saying HAPPY meal at her favorite golden arches) and then taking her to feed the ducks at the river.

Things like snuggling for the afternoon because it's just her and I.

Things like watching my son pitch a baseball game. Seeing him up there on the mound...just amazes me. THAT is MY son and he's kicking ass and taking names up there.

Things like phone calls from my Dad telling me he's ok. He had an infection. No sign of cancer. He's OK.

Things like my sister calling to tell me that her pathology results came back clean. No sign of cancer from tissue taken out under her armpit.

All these things are good.
All these things are amazing.

When all these things happen on the SAME Friday; it's a GOOOOD day.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The no cancer news from your Dad and sister? Totally just made my heart go all fluttery. SO happy to hear that!!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day :)

May 12, 2008 at 6:29 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

OH I am so happy things turned out perfect for your dad and sister!!! Just makes for a perfect start to the week for you and yep for me knowing things are GREAT for you!!!
Your post just made me misty eyed cause it's true, the little things in life we always take for granted huh???

May 12, 2008 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger CPA Mom said...

Not just a good day but a GREAT day! Wonderful news. Hope your mother's day was GRAND and you got to relax.

May 12, 2008 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I am so so glad to hear that you got such good news!!!

I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!

May 12, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Amy W said...

Glad to hear everyone is okay...

May 13, 2008 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

Oh that's all such great news to hear! Sometimes we just move to fast to enjoy the small things eh?

May 19, 2008 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So glad to hear about the no cancer from both your dad and your sister. That is awesome news!

All of this is awesome news!

November 8, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home