Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

6/14/07

17 1/2 doctor appointments and one possible sleep study

Sorry..the Land of Dysfunctional and Organized Chaos has been existing on less than 3 hours sleeps a night for approximately the last 2 weeks. Less than 6 hours for over a month.

Finally Monday we went in for her 2 year checkup.

My preemie is in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. She's caught up with all her developmental milestones and the doctors couldn't be more thrilled with her. "Just one tiny problem DOC----she hasn't slept through the night in almost a month since her nose started running clear snot. She's cried and screamed herself hoarse 6 times in the last 3 weeks."

Another 10 minute discussion brings us to the thought that because of her horrendous allergies she's not getting into a deep enough sleep to keep her from waking every 2-3 hours. The screaming sounds like it could be night terrors except you only get those in Stage 4 sleep and CLEARLY she's not getting there.

Off to the allergist we go---pollen, cottonwood, mold those get her HORRIBLE. Slight allergy to grass but the allergist says "don't let her roll around in freshly cut and she should be fine."

Back to her pedi that says..."If you can tough it out another 7 days or so I'd like to put her on Zyrtec. Give it to her about a 1/2 hour before bedtime...if it works...great. If in another week she's not sleeping almost through the night, I want her in for a sleep study."

Kyle's high school physical.
Kyle's annual eye exam.

3 different appointments for me. Check the oil and kick the tires...gotcha. What ever do you mean I need a tune UP? How dare you?

Last night was day 3 of the Zyrtec and to me it's working so HOPEFULLY we don't need the sleep study. She's sleeping in (2) 4-5 hour blocks with a "water" break in between.

What does all of this mean?

Well it means that I had to cancel my trip to see My Best Friend in the world and I'm just devastated about it. More than I think she'll ever realize...

It means I've spent $100 in copays in the last 3 weeks and another $60 on medicines WITH my insurance. (Thank God for insurance)

Hopefully back to the world of blogging and catching up and tomorrow maybe I'll have something more comical to write about.

14 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

So sorry life's been throwing you some curve balls. Happy you are back in action (sort of) and hoping things get better. BTW, your son is adorable in his dance pics!

June 14, 2007 at 4:51 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

Sorry it's been crazy....

And sorry about the trip, I know you are devastated.

And I feel your pain on the sleep thing...Audrey is in the same boat...allergies, zyrtec (that shit is expensive!), waking up more than once a night...good times.

Let's get together and take a nap.

June 14, 2007 at 5:00 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Oh no! Sickness in little ones sucks.

I am so sorry you had to cancel your trip. I know how much you were both looking forward to it.

June 14, 2007 at 5:40 AM  
Blogger CPA Mom said...

Sweetpea, we've spent about $200 in copays this week alone. I get it. It sucks! But...I am SO glad for insurance.

Tigger takes Zyrtec every day. Best thing ever invented. Now he has to have Nasonex too. Ever tried to do a nose spray on a 4 year old whose nose hurts all the time from snot and says DON'T TOUCH IT?

I am so very sorry about the trip to see Steph. I'm just about to cry for you. That does stink.

June 14, 2007 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

So sorry to hear about your cancelled trip. I know how much you two were looking forward to meeting up, but you can reschedule right?

And Zyrtec is awesome. I've been on it since 1998! Hang in there, things will get better.

Oh, and I've missed you! Welcome back.

June 14, 2007 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aww. I'm sending my love to you right away. Also, I hope that it's just allergies. Looks like you're back on track with the sleeping thing, though. Good Luck!

June 14, 2007 at 7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby (and Mommy, too!). Hope the med helps her and no sleep study is needed!!

I never realized how much I loved my health insurance until I resigned from my job and no longer had it. Morgan and Jimmy are covered through his employer, but not I. Things like my upcoming yearly appointment with the crotch doctor? $175. Fanfreakintastic, huh?

Hang int here...it WILL get better!!

June 14, 2007 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger M said...

xoxo

June 14, 2007 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger frannie said...

I am so sorry! I can't believe you had to cancel your trip... I know that is devestating to both of you.

I wish I were there... I would love to be able to help you right now.

June 14, 2007 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

What does it say about me that I'm more concerned over you missing that trip than all the yucky medical stuff? It just hurts the heart! So sorry! ~hugs~

June 14, 2007 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

((((hugs))))

June 14, 2007 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Aw I'm sorry that you had to cancel the trip...I was looking forwards toreading about it via both blogs!

Hope Casey keeps sleeping the 4-5 hours, and maybe even adding to that length.

June 15, 2007 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

You know I've been there! I hope they finally can help Casey out!!

Also, I am so sorry you don't get to go out and visit Chick! I know she is too!

June 19, 2007 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

Oh, that poor little thing. :( And poor mom. When the baby sleeps, mom doesn't sleep. I hope the Zyrtec works so that everyone can get some rest.

Life sounds so hectic right now. Oy. Hang tight. I hope things start to settle down for you.

June 20, 2007 at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home