Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

5/14/08

Sticks and Stones

The internet is a tricky thing.

You make "friends" with people.

You get some real idiots that can argue with you, say mean things that leave a mark or just make your life miserable by stalking you.

Like most recently I was scouring a certain "list" for things to pick up around the house. You know for a deal? Like an internet garage sale.

Things I was looking for:

Used Cedar Swing Set for Casey
Used Patio Furniture cuz we need a 2nd table and chairs for all the entertaining we do
Pub Table for our kitchen we literally never eat in but would look good with a much smaller table
Poker Table

So I find a pub and poker table on the same listing. I emailed the person asking for pics of the pub table because I want a square one. This person emailed me back pics with a round one and a poker table used a few times in the original box. This person lists OBO.

In the spirit of BEST OFFER, I did a little research on the poker table. Found the exact same one on a local sporting good store and Target for $99.

So I emailed the person and said "Sorry, I was hoping the pub table was square not round but I'd like to offer you $50 for the poker table."

The email back to me "I was hoping for $100 on the poker table."

I emailed back and said "Thank you but I'm not interested. I can buy that table new in the store for $100. Thanks anyway for your time."

Email comes back "Really? The box says $200 but I won't argue with you about it." Really cuz that's what it seems like you're doing trying to justify your nasty crabby self.

My better judgement should have stopped me right here. But I wanted the guy/girl whatever to know I wasn't lying. So I emailed back "Yep. Target and Sports Authority both have it online for $99"

The email response to that.

"Then go get one. Tired of these Craigslist Deadbeat FUCKS"

DUDE----If I was trying to surprise my husband with a poker table as a "little surprise"--- I'm trying to get a BARGAIN...hence what the list is for....people looking to sell shit they don't want locally without ebay or having to set up for an actual garage sale.....why would I spend the same amount of money on your USED one that I could get in the store for the SAME price.???

Insert staring emoticon face here.

I mean I'm not looking to strike a goldmine here and find a NEW $400 retail patio set for $100. I'm looking to find a slightly used $400 retail patio set for $100. If I just wanted to drop $100 I'd go to Walmart and buy their slightly crappier craftsmanship 5 piece set for $99. I'm looking for a deal. Someone sick of their patio furniture. Someone moving and not wanting to move perfectly good patio furniture. I'm not looking to score a $500 brand new for $75.

Nor am I expecting to find a $2,000 Rainbow cedar swing set for $200. I'm finding slightly used sets that were that much when they were originally bought and are now 3-4 years old for around $400-$500 sometimes $600. And we're trying to decide if we are going to spend that much.

Your stupid $100 DEADBEAT FUCK comment over a poker table.... that takes a special kind of idiot.

Sticks and stones....

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

It is so easy for people to be assholes when they have the anonymity of a computer to hide them.

May 14, 2008 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger Amy W said...

I agree Rachel...

May 14, 2008 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I agree with Rachel & Amy. But really the asshole here is the person on Craig's list clearly trying to screw you.

May 14, 2008 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

What an anus.

May 15, 2008 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger SJINCO said...

I agree with everyone that's commented! If they wanted $100 for the table they clearly shouldn't have indicated OBO.

What a doofus.

May 19, 2008 at 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you okay? It's been a while since you posted and I'm getting worried :)

June 11, 2008 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger HeatherAnn Fragglehead said...

Holy crap! Why do so many people use the internet as an excuse to be extra douchebag-ish? You know for certain no one would ever react that way if you were, say, in person at a garage sale.

Freaking weirdos.

June 26, 2008 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger Emma in Canada said...

i was so excited to see you back and now here we are...youe gone again! Hope its just the summer keeping you busy!

July 9, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with what Rachel said about anonymity. He is the one being a stupid a** and had the nerve to call you something bad. Shouldn't have put OBO then, he should have just put $100.

November 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home