Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

1/2/07

Government Agency Stuff Like the DMV and Tax Returns

Agencies like this make me break out in hives.

I had to go to the DMV to renew my driver's license.

Thanks to the Illinois License scam by our former Governor...I got this lovely NASTY Gram from them about 3 months ago saying YOU MUST VERIFY NAME, DOB AND SSN. Meaning you had to have your old license, certified birth certificate and updated SS card. The latter 2 I had to order and just received the final before Christmas.

So today with ONE day to renew my license I get in line at the DMV on my lunch hour. They have a system where you get a ticket (like at the deli counter) with a Letter and then a number. I was ticket B208. Only one problem...in the 5 minutes I stood in line not one "B" ticket was called. A, C, D & E but not one B.

I sit down.....and finally a B is called. B197. Now considering it took almost 5 minutes to hear a B and I'm 11 numbers away..this is not looking good for me. I start to assume it's 11am and lunch hours start. A's are people getting state IDs, C's might be for people that have never had a license, E's (as in EXAM) might be people that need to take the written test...I'm a B and I need to renew..so that leaves D's...what that's stand for ...DUMBASSES like me that wait til the last minute to renew their license.

About 10 minutes go by I'm reading my book trying to pass the time...content that even if it takes a while I am armed with my letter that stated I MUST BRING THIS NOTICE WITH ME, my birth certificate and my SS card so I'm not going to be turned away..atleast it will get done today.

"B198 report to counter 3"
"B199 report to counter 4"

YES more Bs.

Another couple minutes

"B200 counter 3, B201 counter 4"
"B201 counter 4, last call B201 counter 4. B202 counter 4, B203 coutner 3"

Ok...we're moving...

Finally "B208 report to counter 1"

Guess what happens...

Ready.....








READY....



They don't look at my letter I absolutely HAD to bring, they don't look at my ss card I waited 10 days to get and they surely don't look at my certified copy of my birth certificate that took me 6 weeks and $19.95 to get from the State of Arizona.

They ask me to verify my address, ss number and then ask if I want to be an organ donor. "Please look through the eye viewer and read me line 5."

"FHCZ etc.."

"Ok take this to the cashier, pay $10 and then proceed to the photo area."

5 minutes later I had a new license that I could have had 3 months ago rather than the LAST DAY before it expired.

Moving on to problem #2

My husband's company has entered him as EXEMPT for his filing status. Now they've still taken out federal taxes but his last check looks funky like it's broken down into categories. It doesn't look like ENOUGH money as usual but yes there is something taken out.

So now I have to figure out are we in TROUBLE? Do I just file normally like I would and hope that we've paid enough in because we usually get a refund and now it would be a slightly smaller refund to make up the differnce?

First and most important I had Jeff change it on his 2007 paychecks so that 2007 isn't screwed up...but I've always filed our taxes online and now I'm scared to just go on as if I didn't notice anything because I clearly don't want to read a letter with the word "AUDIT" on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Please, don't have too much fun today! Golly! What will tomorrow's excitement bring! You poor girl.

January 2, 2007 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home