Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

1/2/07

New Purse- New Boobs....

I feel like I spent a ridiculous amount of money shopping on Friday.

I had a half day of work and decided to leave Casey with the sitter all day (since OH MY GOSH..she only really had her 2 days last week) and take some time for myself.

I had a few things to return to Lane Bryant that I received for the holiday and with that credit and my gift cards I had about $120 to spend.

I managed to get a pair of jeans, 2 sweaters, a shirt, a cami and 4 NEW BRAS. It's like having new boobs. I don't think you ever realize just how shot your bras are until you put on new ones and see yourself in the mirror and say "HOLY SHIT!" There is nothing I love more than a Buy 2, Get 2 FREE sale at Lane Bryant. $70 for 4 bras....a girl just can't go wrong.

Then I had $45 in gift cards to Carson Pirie Scott where I went looking for a new purse. They had a lovely deep wine colored 9 WEST purse (originally $69) on clearance for $26. You betcha. Add in the lovely earrings at 40% and a top marked down to $19.99 and my entire purchase out of pocket for me... about $12, which was great because the earrings and top were b-day gifts for my Mom...so I seriously scored on this one. But I just love my purse. I needed a new one so much.

Then I went to K-mart on Saturday. Found a gazillion things on clearance there for myself...and a lovely Buy one get one 50% off on my favorite underwear (something else I was in desperate need of) and I spent another $100.

When I sat down and thought about all I'd spent...I was shaking ( I hate to part with money and then realize I overspent) but then I broke it down. After all the store credits and gift cards...I'd really only spent about $130 for a TON o shit. Then of course I forgot about the $110 to DSW for 2 pairs of gym shoes for my husband and I for our trip at the end of this month..but really things we needed.

So in fairness I didn't spend ALL that much....but new purse and new bras were definitely my biggest score.

I'm so exciting.

4 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

New bras ARE exciting!

January 2, 2007 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

I'm green with jealousy over the bras. I only have 2 that fit and can't afford more right now. Tis sucky!

Congrats on all your bargains :D

January 2, 2007 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger That Chick Over There said...

I have an AQUA one that fits fine and a white one that fits okay but has a huge underwire sticking out. BAH.

January 2, 2007 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger M said...

Rock on man! You RULE! I'm jealous, and impressed, and thrilled! And REALLY REALLY GLAD YOU TOOK SOME YOU TIME! YEAH! Good girl! xoxo (And bras make the world go round!)

January 2, 2007 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home