Welcome to My Life of Organized Chaos Where Crazy Eventually Catches up to you!

1/3/07

This is gonna be expensive right?

So seeing as how I've decided that one of my 2007 goals (that I somehow did not list here) is to "get more on top of anniversary/birthday cards" I ran to Hallmark today.

Let's list my purchase

  • 2 Aunt Birthday Cards
  • 2 Mother Birthday Cards
  • 2 Grandma Birthday Cards
  • 1 Sister Birthday Card
  • 1 Brother Birthday Card
  • 2 "Congratulations on your Pregnancy" Card
  • 1 Congratulations Card (for my husband and his recent PROMOTION that takes effect 3/1/07)
  • 1 I Love you Anniversary Card for my husband since we'll be together 5 years on 1/26/07
  • 1 Generic Funny Birthday Card
  • 1 Anniversary Card

Now the last 2 are in red because they are technically for a 12/29 Anniversary and a 12/31 b-day and even though they are LATE..I'm not counting that towards my sucky self or a hit to my 2007 Goal because technically these are for 2006 occasions but NONE the less...can I get it together already?

Anyway, the grand total for this purchase.

$37.74

Yep...being polite, considerate and timely...is going to cost me a small fortune.

Is Hallmark a publicly traded company? Maybe I should invest.

3 Comments:

Blogger That Chick Over There said...

You need a Dollar Tree! They have cards for...guess how much...no really...guess.

ONE DOLLAR.

*snort*

I slay me!

January 3, 2007 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Brown Eyed Girl said...

LOL..you make me laugh...

All the Dollar stores by me have no cards...

But if they did..I bet they'd be A DOLLAR right?

*snort*

January 3, 2007 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger M said...

I'm officially stealing this as my one and only resolution. Hmm. Maybe i should start with that january 3rd birthday I never got a card for...good way to start off the year...(make. own. card. BRILLIANT if you are creative. not so brilliant if you're a dumbshit like me. very jealous of creative type folk. painfully jealous in fact.)

Oh, and dollar tree cards are only good if you don't write anything on them (including your signature), send them out a week before a due date and address them to "baby boy". Bonus if it's a card on christening or something outrageous like someone *cough josh's mom cough* did prior to Liam's birth.

January 4, 2007 at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home